+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Some insight please

Some insight please

I posted this in another forum but this might bi a better place for it. I'd love to get some advice / insight.

Around the middle of February, my girlfriend of 2 years left me. She was attracted to another man and has since started dating him. (They went offical about two weeks after our break) This was very hard for me considering I was considering marriage with her down the road.

However, she has repeatly told me that she wasn't sure about her decision to leave or to be dating this other man. She thought it was a mistake to jump into another relationship so quickly and is not completely over me.

It seems like she simply does not want to close the door or provide closure. She will continue to tell me how if I didn't make mistakes x, y or z, we would still be together

Over the past month and a half, we have hung out numerous times and have slept together a few times. She has mentioned a few times of how she misses me and just doesnt know her feelings. On the other hand, she says that she likes this other guy alot, how he is sweet, he is a nice guy, etc. And that she is happy, if not temporarily.

When we do hang out, she seems to be jealous of girls I have gone out with and also tries to make me jealous of this other guy. At other times, she will talk about what she doesn't like about this other man. All while mentioning how she feels guilty about hanging out with me while dating someone else. She wants to give me the "title" of friend, even though we are hanging out without this other man knowing, etc.

I would like to have her back. I reconize the mistakes I made and I pretty sure I have corrected my issues. On the other hand, I do not want to be the "other guy" now. Half of me wants to keep the door open with her but the other half tells me to cut contact with her so she can deal with whatever she needs to.

I am afriad I will lose her forever but I want to keep my pride.

Any insight would be great as I know you girls know more about how her mind works than I do.

She wants to have her cock and eat it too. You're being her fool.
    Spammer Spanker

Dude, for real? This girl is seeing another guy and is jealous of girls you hang with?! And you put up with that?!

Why in the world do you want this girl back? You two seem to be stuck in a cycle and it's too comfy to break. You've got sex, and you hang out, and you act exclusive, only you don't have any commitment from her. She's got you on a leash though, whether you think so or not.

To top it off, she's got you peddling around trying to fix all this "mistakes". I can think of at least 3 she's made from your post alone. And she's getting on your case for not being Perfect Boyfriend Man? Are you really gonna let her yank you around until she "figures" out what she's feeling? You're better than that. It's time you called her out and gotten rid of her.

You want some insight? You're being used. She's got you wrapped around her finger and another guy on the other arm, she's got everything she wants! She doesn't care about you, she will feed you whatever bullshit you want to hear in order to hold onto you. Trust me, I dated a girl EXACTLY like this.

Try this, stop talking to her, erase her number and her from your life. She wants to play games, play hardball.

If you can actually manage to shut her out, prepare for pleading and/or retaliation. Cutting the cord is collateral damage for girls like this, but its what they deserve, after all it was their choice.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 02-04-09 at 05:31 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger