+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If your bf left

If your bf left

Hi,

I'm 17 and i'm thinking about going to join the army. There's this girl who i really like and she likes me, we're pretty much "together". But i'm not sure what'll happen if i leave, i would still want to be with her as such whenever i could. I don't want to base my future on her right now, but i'm not certain about leaving.

What would you think if your bf left and you knew you were only going to see him occationally?

thanks

Well, she said you needed space, didn't she? Sounds to me like she's right to be holding back on getting too attached to you.

But more importantly, what possesses you to want to join up? What could they possibly offer you that would make it worthwhile? You know the armed forces are treated pretty shoddily by our government, don't you?
    Spammer Spanker

Think very carefully about joining the army. Very carefully.
    My cousin, who lives in the states, I'm in Canada, he served some time out in Iraq, he regrets nothing more, and he's completely changed. It was really hard on my aunt and uncle when he was out there.
    It's not a quick escape from your currently life and it does not lead to any opportunities outside of ranking up.
    As much as I hate to say this, because I do have tremendous respect for the people that do go out and fight for their country, but this war can't be won and the people are being failed by their government, this war has no cause, this war has done nothing but devastate not just the states, but the world. That however is a whole other discussion.
    No one can tell you what to do. But really think out how you want the rest of your life to go. Going to war could mean post traumatic stress which is something many people can't live with and the government as said by giga does not supply nearly enough aid to families and veterans suffering from war.
    If you stand behind the cause, which I'm not sure what it is in this war, then do what you think's right but just think about the consequences not only to your self, but to your family and friends.
    /rant