+ Follow This Topic

Thread: can brief relationships get back together or remain as friends ?

can brief relationships get back together or remain as friends ?

Guys, your thoughts please.
    I had a brief relationship with a woman (both of us in our 30's). only lasted 3 months and it seemed to go wrong when we went on holiday. Neither of us can pin point why it did as we do get on with each other, enjoy the company and share similar interested and prior to holiday we were fine, however on holiday that spark that was developing started to fizzle. On my part I know i was nervous about going on holiday so soon into relationship and i feel this effected our closeness as did not totally relax ( i have never felt nervous with a women before,but at the same time excited) & i started to feel her distance which made me more nervous not knowing how she was feeling and in turn i tried harder to please . Anyway we came back home and the following two weeks the same, she was distant , i was feeling on edge and we did speak about it and she said that the Spark / buzz that was there seemed to change on holiday. We did talk about things and agreed that something had gone wrong and probably best to call it a day rather than dragging it out & as in the early stages the feelings are not that strong. We both said it was shame as we do get on, enjoy each others company and similar interests & just looks like on a relationship level we were not to be. I mentioned if the friendship thing is possible, she said she would be ok with this as neither of us have done anything wrong.

I feel that some of the problem was because i became nervous around her , eager to please and all that, this may have changed the dynamics of us, had i relaxed more, things would have been more natural.

Now the thing is i am defo interested in remaining friends as i have met someone with great qualities interests etc, even though we didnt work on relationship level, we may work out well as friends, i am also aware that people do say polite things about being friends at the time of the split just to say the right things (even though she is a very straight talking person).

should i leave the communication light and easy saying hello how are you etc and see where this takes us , as friends do, you never know without the relationship being there we may get on like a house on fire and stay as friends or this may build too more. Or should i simply drop her a line saying at the time you said you would like to remain as friends, well time has gone on and just wondering you are interested in this, Sometimes you luck out and meet a great person and with you i have , it just doesn't work out relationship-wise. Just because we werent good together, we can be good as friends

Attraction = Not Friends. It's as simple as that. You're still attracted, I gather. In that case, you shouldn't pursue a friendship.
    Spammer Spanker

yes at this moment i am, won't lie, its only been very recent, however this will change and when it does i believe we can develop a friendship, assuming she wants the same of course

Well, go on with your bad self, then. Just don't get shredded.
    Spammer Spanker

you make me laugh. we shall see what happens, we are both mature and if she does not entertain the idea afterall, then will leave alone.

Goin' through the same thing here-- It's because I wasn't over my previously relationships. I made a post detailing this a bit but... I was in love with my good friend for like 10 years and then somehow got involved with this new girl. And the same thing happened. It ended up being because I wasn't free in my own place... I was still in love with my old friend.