+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to let him know I'm interested in this

How to let him know I'm interested in this

I have a close male friend. He is in a position of authority over me at work, but our friendship has never interfered with our professional one. Recently both of us got out of long-term relationships. Neither of us is really interested in dating again, even though we have a fantastic time together (and are both physically attracted to each other; we have said as much. He said it first). It is the kind of thing where the timing is wrong; maybe 'someday' we might date, but now is not that time.

Problem is that I am moving away very soon. I do not expect, or want, a committment from this guy; as I said, it's not the right time. However (I hope this doesn't sound bad), I would LOVE to get physically involved with him, at least once. A kiss, sex, anything. Our emotional connection is so powerful that he drives me crazy physically, and I want to "get it out of my system" and have that with him before I leave... I have never been physically intimate with someone to whom I'm so connected, and I really want to experience it with him. I'm 100% honest when I say that I would not expect anything from it (sometimes women just want the sex, too!) I feel like it's something we both want but we are both too afraid to say to each other.

Here's the thing. I don't know for sure if he's willing. He is attracted to me, but 1. he just got out of a relationship, and 2. the whole 'has authority over me at work' thing. I don't know if he would say yes if I asked him or made a move.

Is there a good way to express to him that I'm interested in doing this, and that it would not be emotionally complicated to do so, just an expression of our closeness? I think he wants it, too, like I said, but I don't know that he'll make a move himself since the situation is somewhat delicate/ complicated.
    Last edited by AnnaB86; 05-04-09 at 07:20 AM.