+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bizarre Situation.. help!! (short post)

Bizarre Situation.. help!! (short post)

So, I’ll try to keep my post very short and to the point.

Back story –

I’ve known this girl from last 4 years but we never really talked, me being a shy kind. Moreover, she is 4 years older than me, so that was always a problem. 3-4 months back, we started talking and exchanged numbers. Slowly… we started meeting each other, you know like casual stuff.. on a walk. We kind of clicked very quickly.

Long story short, we started developing feelings for each other. But, seeing the age difference, I always knew it would have never worked out. I’m 18, btw. So, I decided to keep that walk thing away for some time. Then we promised that we’ll be just friends and nothing else. Everything was going really well, and we were meeting each other again.

------------------------------------------------

Problem –

But couple of days back, I think things started changing. Moreover, I was trying to meet her one of my friend who is the same age of hers. We all went to movies together… and she liked that guy. When we were on a walk today, she held my hand. TBH, I liked it. So we were just chatting and stuff. But things were getting really out of control and I knew it could lead to something more which was not right.

So I decided to stop this, in order to avoid anything which I and she regret later. I was feeling guilty of holding hands and all that feelings. So I asked her to stop this walk thing and talk only through sms. I know it’s really hard for her… but it had to happened, for her future. I don’t want her to do anything stupid. She’s really attached to me, emotionally.

--------------------------------------------

Question -

Was my decision correct? And if she insists on meeting, what should I do to calm her down?

I'm sort of confused about why this is an issue.. the age difference isn't anything extreme and if she's emotionally attached to you and starting to hold your hand isn't that somewhat of a positive sign?

I don't want this to go to anywhere.. you know like boyfriend girlfriend thing. I know it's not going to work, and I'm not even interested. I don't want to get into a relationship then suffer the break up.

Tell me how to calm her feelings towards me? I'm thinking of ignoring her.. maybe she can start talking more to my friend and have feelings for him. I'm hoping for the best

Quote Originally Posted by mike_m View Post
    I don't want this to go to anywhere.. you know like boyfriend girlfriend thing. I know it's not going to work, and I'm not even interested. I don't want to get into a relationship then suffer the break up.

Tell me how to calm her feelings towards me? I'm thinking of ignoring her.. maybe she can start talking more to my friend and have feelings for him. I'm hoping for the best
    Oh! Ok.. from your post I gathered you were interested in her.

Your best bet isn't to ignore her, try and shift her feelings to your friends, etc.. but rather just talk to her about it. Explain to her that you've been getting vibes of something outside of friendship and let her know that all you're interested in is remaining her friend, and her friend only.

I told her that thing like a million times but she never admits it. She always says that she has controlled her feelings and all is well. But, I don't believe her anymore. I believed her once and things are bad now.

I don't want to take the risk again.