+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what makes you?

And for you too, Jane. He's a fool. You should pick better men. He jerked you around for way too long.
    Spammer Spanker

I guess it depends. There was a girl I really liked and she wanted to put distance between us because she didn't feel the same way. I told her I'd love to be just friends, but she figured this wasn't good for me. I never agreed, still don't, but I don't know if it WOULD have been hurtful to be there.

With my ex, I'd love to continue to be friends, but I feel as though it's me compensating because it was me who broke it off; something she didn't want.

I realize, also, that I don't want her to stop loving me, so I want to keep her close. This isn't cool, so I am helping her go ahead and get to the point where the love DOES die (hopefully it won't be 3 years!) and then I can approach her again, probably.

I'd love to just hit the pause button on our emotions, go do what we have to do, then return when we're both (me) ready.

There is no real reason to not be friends.. it is when you start thinking that you should have to know what they are doing.. where they are.. who they are with.. that is when "being friends" never works.. and sad thing is, most guys are not capable of being just friends when they have had more than just a physical relationship with a woman...at least not until the time passes where they don't still want to be in the relationship.

i'm friends with many of my exes. for me to have been in any kind of meaningful relationship with them, friendship had to have been at the core of that. just because the sexual relationship doesn't work out, doesn't mean that the friendship was meaningless. they are still very important people in my life, guys that i would do almost anything for and i know that i could count on them for anything as well. it has nothing to do with them being on the back burner... the notion of that is actually demeaning to the idea of friendship, imo.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OR ... maybe the ex knows something super duper incriminating or embarrassing and to keep him/her from spilling the beans to all of your friends, they need to remain friends?

Haha ... just a little soap opera drama ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12