+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prom Date No More

Prom Date No More

Just for information's sake. I am prepared for any future bashing from female (and maybe male) posters.

Recently I asked a very beautiful girl to prom. She said sure. To get to know each other better before prom, I asked we go on a date. She agreed. At the date, we talked about interesting topics, not the usual boring interview questions in most first dates. So I teased her and got to talk to her about things, we laughed, etc. When I ended the date she said she had alot of fun. I said that I told her so. We hugged.
    We go outside and she offers me a ride. I say no. She asks if she's sure. I calmly decline.

Her: Are you sure? You know, I'll do it!
    Me: Really? Do it? Right here? Right now?
    Her: (laughing)

Anyways, she texts me saying that she had a great time and that I seem like a pretty cool guy. I said it could be the beginning of a nice friendship. We text for awhile until I have to go. 3 days go by and we have exchanged a few texts about Prom details, but nothing more. And I get it one afternoon,

"Dragondragon, this is out of my character, but I can't go to Prom with you anymore cuz my bf and I are back together. Sorry, hope you can forgive me."

B.S.

I call her shortly afterward laughing and asked if she was serious. She said yes and whatnot. I then told her not to say sorry because there's more where she came from, but thanked her for the earlier notice.

The fact she rejected me isn't strong on the mind, but I wonder what I could have done wrong in between that time. She was the aggressor for a while, texting me in fact. I was never clingy and never tried calling 7,779 times a day. I just want to learn from my mistake, if I possibly made one. Any ideas on what went wrong?

Sure ... what went wrong is she got back with her old boyfriend, someone she has history with. It happens, dude.

Of course, turning her down for sex may have influenced her ... sluts get offended when denied! I'm guessing her ex didn't say no.

Carl.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aww, sweety... you didn't do anything wrong. It was just bad timing, and she wasn' emotionally ready to separate from her boyfriend. This was HER mistake, not yours. Can you ask another girl to prom? I suggest you go with a platonic friend and go dutch. The prom is too expensive to take a risk of not enjoying yourself.

Yeah

Thanks Vashti. She really is the one missing out. Don't worry, I'm going to find one regardless! Thanks for the help guys.

Wait...

Wait....I just noticed this. When did I turn her down for sex Carl?

Quote Originally Posted by dragondragon View Post
    Wait....I just noticed this. When did I turn her down for sex Carl?
    That conversation could fairly easily be mistaken for a sex offer when taken out of context.

Her: Are you sure? You know, I'll do it!
    Me: Really? Do it? Right here? Right now?
    Her: (laughing)
    Myself I don't see how it hangs with the story though. Doesn't sound like anyone offering a lift other than that of a...skirt.

Yeah...

Yeah.....it was a joke. I twisted her words around. Get it? It's just an example of my teases throughout the night. Anyways today I got a text stating:

"So you're just going to stop talking to me forever? I tried to say hi in class."

And Yeah ,at the end of class, I did her her soft "Dragon....Dragon....Dragon". Trying to call me to turn around but I chose to walk on ignoring her and deleting the text given afterwards. I finalized a girl like this isn't worth my time. Sexually or Platonically.
    Last edited by dragondragon; 10-04-09 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Fixing explanation

Is it?

Well, am I doing the right thing? I know I can accomplish shutting her out completely, done it to some before her, but is it necessary? or am I acting too harsh?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It isn't your job to make her feel better about standing you up. She feels guilty, and so she should.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    That conversation could fairly easily be mistaken for a sex offer when taken out of context.

Myself I don't see how it hangs with the story though. Doesn't sound like anyone offering a lift other than that of a...skirt.
    Lipp is right! Self-slap with a dead trout ... especially since it's the very kind of double-entendre I usually flirt with. Ooops.

I agree with vashti ... she stood you up for a very important event and you are under no obligation to make her feel any less shi**y about it than she should.

Carl.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It isn't your job to make her feel better about standing you up. She feels guilty, and so she should.
    You can do whatever you want to at this point ... she's the one that cancelled out on you. However, she's not a complete bitch because she got back with her boyfriend ... bad bad timing.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Hmmm,

Bad Timing indeed. Yet, I've decided that giving the constant silent treatment isn't helping me that much. I will wait for her to try to make a move once or twice more and then, in the most funny way possible, accept her friendship again indifferently. I choose for it to be humorous because having it overly serious or "wussy cry baby wanting his mom's breast back" would not be my style and neither would I want it to. It wouldn't make her feel less crappy about it, but show more than anything that I don't care that much for it to make me this annoyed. What say you all?

Found Another One

I found another beautiful date. Thanks, for the support guys. I knew it would only take some time. She seems like a pretty fun and cool person.

Dragondragon, this is out of my character, but I can't go to Prom with you anymore cuz my bf and I are back together. Sorry, hope you can forgive me.
    I wish my name was dragon.
    "Making plans to change the world, while the world is changing us."

Yeah

I know, a pretty badass name! XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast