+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Time I Spent With You Was Amazing"

"The Time I Spent With You Was Amazing"

Alrighty so I've posted about this guy before, just in case you missed it, here's the situation in a nutshell: We dated for 2 and a half months. He tells me he wants to slow things down. He's started seeing a therapist and is in some sort of funk that he claims to not know the root of, and he wants to resolve his issues before we get more serious. I opt out-- not interested in going backwards in a relationship. He expresses remose about not knowing where things could've gone between us, says he doesn't want to drag me into his drama, etc... Whatever

Yesterday he IMs me and basically says he's still having a hard time and doesn't know why... he seems depressed. He doesn't have a car anymore for some reason....no idea why/how/when that happened. But at any rate... the interesting part of the convo was when he said, "let me tell you one thing, the time I spent with you was amazing." At first I dismissed it as kinda like BS nice-nice talk...but my guy friend thought there was more to it. Any other guys have feedback?

I want him to come back to me when he's ready. I'm too strong to tell him that, but I am quietly hoping it happens.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He sounds like he has a lot of personal issues. I'd be careful in wishing he'd come back: you might get what you are hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    He sounds like he has a lot of personal issues. I'd be careful in wishing he'd come back:
    Thanks. I'll make that decision when/if it becomes my choice....

I don't see anything mysterious about that statement. I do think he should stay away from you until he works his issues out. He's making it harder for you to move on.
    Spammer Spanker

what the hell is it with all this, he can't see me because he's in therapy bullshit?

or "i can't talk to girls because i'm bipolar."

people are so fuking weird.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

this is Ask A Male Forum;
    Vashti responded first, in 5 minutes;
    Giga - second, in 3 hours;

What do you say, guys, lets just go out for a smoke and let girls work things out?
    Then, we get back and everything is perfect! I like it!

P.S. this is just the philosophical observation intended to be humorous. Please do not take it personally.
    Last edited by denfor25; 08-04-09 at 05:21 AM.

I completely agree with you, misombra! The main reason I backed away is because I think it is BS to say he can't be with me because he has issues. I took it to mean he wasn't that into me...but some ppl on here had me thinking, maybe it's possible that he DOES care..idk.

and, haha, Denfor--I agree w/ you too. C'mon guys, give me some feedback! Although I probably am just trying to read too much into it. Still, it's more fun than washing the car... (in other words, I'm kinda bored and have nothing better to do anyways.)

Quote Originally Posted by denfor25 View Post
    this is Ask A Male Forum;
    Vashti responded first, in 5 minutes;
    Giga - second, in 3 hours;

What do you say, guys, lets just go out for a smoke and let girls work things out?
    Then, we get back and everything is perfect! I like it!

P.S. this is just the philosophical observation intended to be humorous. Please do not take it personally.
    My dick is bigger than yours.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Only the newbies take that "ask a male/female" nonsense seriously.

hi Giga;
    you are so tense and serious; look in the window, relax and enjoy life; there is no need to get personal and nasty; and I elect not to...

Only the newbies take that "ask a male/female" nonsense seriously.
    vashti,
    let say you are right, but you know what, people asking questions ARE mostly newbies; if they start a thread in "ask a male category", they may expect replies accordingly and may leave if expectations are not met; now while some mix is fine, WHY all they get is advice from female moderators and housewives who can afford to sit by a computer all day; self-proclaimed to be proficient in both male and female problems; and committed to post a reply in under 5 minutes?

So, what is this show then - Open Public Forum or de facto "Ask Vashti and Gigabitch Instant Love Advice" service?

Sure, you may not care; whatever, people are free to get here and free to go; I know that you will always have traffic from people looking for free quick advice; but I encourage you to think about it; you moderators are too focused to scan threads and post replies (which BTW is NOT moderator's job) and you are loosing a big picture...
    Last edited by denfor25; 09-04-09 at 03:28 AM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Big picture? Big f-ing picture?? Last I checked this is an internet forum. There is no big picture to see.

You folks are damned lucky Vash and Giga are willing to dispense their advice.

Now, why don't you quit jumping off topic, Donfor25, and post something relevant to the OPs conundrum instead of spewing a bunch of pathetic bull. Thank you and have a nice day.

Ahem. To the OP:

I don't think you should hold out for the guy. By my books what he's done is pretty decent. He doesn't want to include you in his emotional bullshit. However, waiting around for him to fix his ain't fair to you. I think you should see other people and enjoy yourself. When he's better,who knows, maybe you'll be single then and the two of you can start anew.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by denfor25 View Post
    vashti,
    let say you are right, but you know what, people asking questions ARE mostly newbies; if they start a thread in "ask a male category", they may expect replies accordingly and may leave if expectations are not met; now while some mix is fine, WHY all they get is advice from female moderators and housewives who can afford to sit by a computer all day; self-proclaimed to be proficient in both male and female problems; and committed to post a reply in under 5 minutes?

So, what is this show then - Open Public Forum or de facto "Ask Vashti and Gigabitch Instant Love Advice" service?

Sure, you may not care; whatever, people are free to get here and free to go; I know that you will always have traffic from people looking for free quick advice; but I encourage you to think about it; you moderators are too focused to scan threads and post replies (which BTW is NOT moderator's job) and you are loosing a big picture...

Considering the number of your posts that people found helpful enough to bother thanking, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that she is probably better off getting advice from ANY of the regulars than you at this point.

I post on whatever threads that pop up on my days off. When you hit the "new post" button (as the majority of posters do), threads are not separated out into different forums, but by the most recent new post. Therefore, if I've been gone a week, and click on "new posts", the first one up may have been posted 1.5 minutes ago, and may be from any sub-forum, and again: very few people really pay attention to the sub forums. Go look on any given thread in the "ask a male/female" sub forums, and you will see both genders posting.

If you want to last around here, I suggest you tone it down a bit. I can't imagine you will impress anyone by making unprovoked attacks and derailing people's threads. What giga and I posted were at least on topic. All you are doing is distracting the train of thought on this thread.

Now please go PMS somewhere else, jackass.
    Last edited by vashti; 09-04-09 at 09:16 AM.

.... here was bunch of stuff from Vashti.....
    Wow, “go pms…”, “my dick is bigger…”; “jackass”…
    You are right, Gribble, I am starting to feel lucky the busy genius of Giga and Vashti could find a piece of their valuable time to provide a mere newbie like myself with a great personalized advice; should I also print these in 72 font size and frame on the wall?

Naples: hey, I am sorry things got ugly in your thread; you might start a new one once you have some new developments with your BF (BTW, do not read much into what he is saying, when a man is saying “the time was amazing” he means just that and not necessarily intend of getting back together, besides he seems not ready right now); and as per Vashti request, you do not have to bother placing it in a appropriate forum because those are allegedly just subforums of dominance playground for couple of ruff masculine women (one of them calls herself GigaBitch – what about Tera? I bet, they both have mustache), besides, they WILL immediately find you anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    My dick is bigger than yours.
    Giga, Dear! Just do yourself a favor, go change your gender; a handsome doctor will sew on you an 18-in willie from ghetto rapper shot in a drive-by; and subconscious desire of becoming who you really are, will finally come true; then, rather then spending time proving yourself on relationship forum, you will be able to get out there and get a piece of action other man enjoy!
    Last edited by denfor25; 10-04-09 at 01:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast