+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Going to the movies with the girlfriend...

Going to the movies with the girlfriend...

So I've been dating this girl for a month now. We've liked each other for a long time, but other the past month we've actually hung out. Since we're only in seventh grade, we're "taking it slow" in your terms. So I'm going to the movies this weekend with her, and my best friend is coming as well as her best friend. We laughed when we thought of hooking them up together. But I think this would be the perfect opportunity if not for a first kiss for maybe snuggling and hand-holding. So, go, movie tips!

You're both what ... 12-13? Save the kissing and snuggling for much later ... the hand holding is fine, I suppose.

Carl.

Geeeeez, kids start young these days.

Hell, kids started young in my days too. I almost lost my virginity in the 7th grade. And I had another chance in the 8th grade.

I'm glad I didn't. Would have hated to get started that young.

And where the hell are the parents in this situation? No offense, but my daughter wouldn't be going to the movies with you at 12.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Should I bother procreating?

Ha, I wasn't holding hands at 12-13.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Hell, kids started young in my days too. I almost lost my virginity in the 7th grade. And I had another chance in the 8th grade.

I'm glad I didn't. Would have hated to get started that young.

And where the hell are the parents in this situation? No offense, but my daughter wouldn't be going to the movies with you at 12.
    Seriously.

I always used to think my parents were strict, but now that I'm older I see that they were just being good parents. I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16, and even then they were incredibly weary and had to meet the boy first [of course.] Same thing went with my friends, they had to meet them so they knew who I was spending my time with.

Cain, our parents are fine with it because first I introduced her as a friend, as did she, so our parents liked the other person. Eventually we told our parents that we had a crush on the friend and then we told them that we're dating now. But we had decided to go out way before we told our parents about that.