+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anyone here who honestly thought they'd never get a girlfriend or boyfriend?

Anyone here who honestly thought they'd never get a girlfriend or boyfriend?

I'm talking about the serious cases; the love-sick 'no-hopers', the 'losers', even the Forty-year old virgins...

I'm 23 and I still have never been in a relationship, let alone been with a woman. I'm not going to let this be another sob story...Let's just say lack of confidence, and not meeting the right person - or at least even being able to get close enough to them or having the courage to take it beyond the first level - has been the root cause.

The years seem to pass quicker when you're racing against time. When I was young I thought I'd have a gf when I was 17: 17 came, I was sure it would be when I was 18. Then 21. The years passed, and nothing changed. I tried half-heartedly and in vain. I've tried some of the advice given to no avail. Anyway, I don't want to make this thread about me.

I'm interested in YOUR stories - the C-D community's stories - of how you overcame what seemed to be insurmountable odds. I'm not desperate for anyone, but just for someone I can really connect with. If I was desperate for anyone I could have someone. It's not that I'm shallow, it's just hard for me.

I'm not very ugly, or fat, or have a bad personality. I'm pretty nice, just not suave, smooth or a ladies man. Are there any here without major impediments who have the same problem?

Anyway, feel free to add your personal anecdotes....

Quote Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
    I'm talking about the serious cases; the love-sick 'no-hopers', the 'losers', even the Forty-year old virgins...

I'm 23 and I still have never been in a relationship, let alone been with a woman. I'm not going to let this be another sob story...Let's just say lack of confidence, and not meeting the right person - or at least even being able to get close enough to them or having the courage to take it beyond the first level - has been the root cause.

The years seem to pass quicker when you're racing against time. When I was young I thought I'd have a gf when I was 17: 17 came, I was sure it would be when I was 18. Then 21. The years passed, and nothing changed. I tried half-heartedly and in vain. I've tried some of the advice given to no avail. Anyway, I don't want to make this thread about me.

I'm interested in YOUR stories - the C-D community's stories - of how you overcame what seemed to be insurmountable odds. I'm not desperate for anyone, but just for someone I can really connect with. If I was desperate for anyone I could have someone. It's not that I'm shallow, it's just hard for me.

I'm not very ugly, or fat, or have a bad personality. I'm pretty nice, just not suave, smooth or a ladies man. Are there any here without major impediments who have the same problem?

Anyway, feel free to add your personal anecdotes....
    Im 20 and never been in a relationship I could never seem to find anyone in my town let alone the surrounding ones either and its bad when you know what your looking for you find some but just can't connect with them up until now I found someone I know I would love to be with I met online who believe this if you want or not was a girl I dreamt of before I knew who she was we just met on xbox live one day I been hitting it off ever since but now I've lost a friend who was like best friends with him so she sided with him and he is keeping her from talking to me and she wants me to do something to win her over and i just don't know what to do right now all I know is I want to win her over and that I will fight for this.

but I just found it hard to like someone for some reason all but I do feel time is trying to go a lot faster that's pretty much my reason so I guess my dreams made someone I like which in the end taught me to never give up there is someone out there for me to keep looking even thought I couldn't find her and then out of nowhere she just came so I guess destiny brought us together and its up to me to do the rest hopes this helps you in someway so good luck
    also I will win count on it.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was 20 before I ever had a relationship.

Try to push yourself to make conversation with a girl and ask them out. If they say no, then don't be too hard on yourself.