+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats it mean when an ex-gf says...

whats it mean when an ex-gf says...

Quick background: my gf broke up with me about 6 weeks ago. She thought I was a liar, which I cant lie, I was sometimes. So she says she wants to be friends. I let a month go by and then called her to hang out. We went out for coffee and a picnic and I told her I still had feelings for her, and wanted to work things out. She said she doesnt want to be in a relationship, but would like to remain friends and to call her anytime to hang out. So I waited a week and called again. This time she said we shouldnt hang out and she started sobbing on the phone. I asked what was wrong, she said after our first date 'I realize im not ready yet to be your friend' so I asked why and she said "When I am around you or talk to you my stomach starts to hurt and I get really anxious".... wtf does that mean? another guy? old feelings? makes no sense to me.

shes sooo into you

well if that is so, what do i do? I have no other moves but to leave her alone. Other than maybe a hand written letter I have done everything... called, emailed and gone out with. Theres no other options, if you think she still has feelings what should i do?

you have feelings for her too? man, if you want to create a tie with her again, dont hesitate in getting personal. meet her more often! try and kiss her.. you know.. that kind of things. but you need to see her more times personaly

I am trying to see, the most recent time is when she got upset on the phone and didnt want to see me. Also on our first "date" i did try and kiss her, she just gave a little friend kiss. So if she wont hang out with me, and I dont want to hoard her with calls and emails. What do I do?

tuff yet usual situation. is it time shes demanding? you got to ask her

You don't always get a second chance. Sounds like she definitely has/had feelings for you, but is protecting herself, (wisely IMO), from someone she can't trust. If you didn't show her respect during the relationship, (by lying to her), then show her some now and back off.

so no more contact?

What does it mean? I think it means exactly what she said-- she gets anxious and uncomfortable when you hang out.. probably because she's told you she doesn't want a relationship and you're going around calling your hang out a date. Just a thought.

She probably isn't over the relationship enough to try a friendship with you.. but not being over things doesn't translate into "you have a chance," or "she wants to be with you again." It sounds like she made her decision to end it, and is sticking to it.

Leave her alone.

You had your chance, she's not required to give you a second one.. and from the sound of her response she doesn't want to.

yeah no shit I understand the literal meaning of what she said, but there is an underlying reason for it. I appreciate your feedback but from your past posts on this website, you seem to jump to extreme conclusions quickly. I cant put a lot of stock into what you say, but thanks for your anyways for your attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by cccchase View Post
    yeah no shit I understand the literal meaning of what she said, but there is an underlying reason for it. I appreciate your feedback but from your past posts on this website, you seem to jump to extreme conclusions quickly. I cant put a lot of stock into what you say, but thanks for your anyways for your attempt.
    Jumping to conclusions? No. Not supporting your attempts to get back with her? That's more accurate.

Don't get so defensive.

I just read in another thread that your gf left you because you slept with a stripper [assuming that is the same ex.]

Seriously, this girl can do better than you.. and it sounds like she wants to. So leave her alone.
    Last edited by alovehangoverr; 11-04-09 at 05:07 AM.

Like I said, I cant put a lot of stock into your advice. You shouldn't jump to conclusions based on facts you don't know... you said it yourself above that you are "assuming". Assuming is synonymous with taking things for granted. You'll be a happier person if you don't assume things in life. Again, I thank you for trying to help me but you should probably move on and try and help someone else. Your just not that useful to me but I appreciate your effort.
    Last edited by cccchase; 12-04-09 at 02:49 AM.

Well, you didn't really deny what alovehangoverr said, so what was assumed must be correct. Even if it wasn't, it just means it happened with a different girlfriend, which isn't any better.

Straighten up and leave her alone. You'll be a happier person if you don't "assume" you can always get a second chance.

guess what? I went out to lunch with her today, (after I called her)... and we agreed to slowly work to repair our relationship. Both your assumptions have lead you to elaborate on the notion that not talking to her is the best possible route I could have taken. When in fact you both were wrong! Dont feel bad sometimes we are all wrong. Good luck helping others in the future. Keep trying!

Quote Originally Posted by cccchase View Post
    Quick background: my gf broke up with me about 6 weeks ago. She thought I was a liar, which I cant lie, I was sometimes. So she says she wants to be friends. I let a month go by and then called her to hang out. We went out for coffee and a picnic and I told her I still had feelings for her, and wanted to work things out. She said she doesnt want to be in a relationship, but would like to remain friends and to call her anytime to hang out. So I waited a week and called again. This time she said we shouldnt hang out and she started sobbing on the phone. I asked what was wrong, she said after our first date 'I realize im not ready yet to be your friend' so I asked why and she said "When I am around you or talk to you my stomach starts to hurt and I get really anxious".... wtf does that mean? another guy? old feelings? makes no sense to me.
    dude she is still in love with you if it were me i would get of my ass and do everything in this world to get her back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast