+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he shy, playing it cool or just not interested?

Is he shy, playing it cool or just not interested?

How can you tell if a guy just wants to be friends or if he is interested in a romantic way??

There is this guy, we've been friends but not that close friends.
    He's moved to my neighbour hood so we've started hanging out a bit more intense, recently.

He's asked me out three times, once we went to eat, and once we went to have a glass of wine. The third time was when he asked me to come to a party with him, but I couldnt make it that time.

He never touches me, he didnt even hug me in the beginning, but I started hugging him when saying hello, so now he hugs me too sometimes.

He seemed kinda nervous and fidgety the first time we went out, the second time he was more relaxed and started talking about quite personal stuff about his family... He also asked me what days I work so he can drop by and say hi, and he also told me to give him a shout if I wanna hang out some time or something.

The reason Im in doubt is cause Im used to guys pursuing much harder, and this guy NEVER gets physical, we havent kissed yet, and he doesnt even touch me when talking (like touches my arm etc), none of that!

And he never calls!

But I havent made much of a move myself, so maybe he's just waiting for me to do something?

What should I do, I here all the time, that if a guy is interested, he'll call you and pursue you! And I feel that this guy doesnt really pursue me that much, on the other hand he DID ask me out.

And I think he's a bit on the shy side.

So how do I know, does he just want to be friends or is just not interested??

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He may not understand that most girls would expect him to put forth continued effort. Therefore, if you are interested in him, you will have to step up and tell him. I don't know if he is apathetic or just shy. Many males these days have not learned how to properly pursue femaless. Sucks, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    He may not understand that most girls would expect him to put forth continued effort. Therefore, if you are interested in him, you will have to step up and tell him. I don't know if he is apathetic or just shy. Many males these days have not learned how to properly pursue femaless. Sucks, doesn't it?
    This.

And just to add-- he has been pursuing you. He asked you out three times.. maybe it's time you step up to the plate and let him know you're interested by asking him out somewhere. He may not be pursuing you the way you'd like [phone calls/etc] but I personally wouldn't ask someone out multiple times if I wasn't interested.