+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not over Ex Fiancee 14 Months on - He seems the Same. Confussed!

Not over Ex Fiancee 14 Months on - He seems the Same. Confussed!

Cant get over ex fiancee 14months on! All i can think of is him its driving me Mad! We was together over 2 years and broke up with me out the blue without any warning for “Space”. ( He dumped me 2 days b4 i was due to get some medical results) When he finished it he was crying and kept saying sorry. I didnt chase him , contact him or anything.

I bumped into him 3 months after the break up and he started crying outside his work, worse than what he did when we split up. He said he respects me so much for giving him his space, he wanted space but not this much. We arranged to meet up and talk and he text me 2days saying he cant meet his head isnt clear and doesnt know what he wants. i text back i understand look afer yourself.

Fast forward 8 months i bump into him in a club , as soon as he saw me he hugged me tight , asked if i was ok, i said yes have had a few problems but all ok. He managed to get my problems out of me, and said why are the doctors so slow u been ill for 3 years whats wrong with them. i said i dont know, dont care now at least im getting myself sorted, im on the waiting list for a operation so its a start! He spent the he spent the whole night with me chatting to me talking about what we been up to how i am etc. i said i better go and see my mates and ill come back in a bit.i went out to the smoking area with my fieneds he was out there talking about me with his work mates, they asked him how long we was together he said 2 years his mate said shes beautiful, he then said there is nothing there now. i turned round and he walked off that hurt

Later on we was talking again he said he still thinks of me everyday, thinks of me when he hears songs, remembers when everyones birthday is close to me and thinks of me and them on that day. he missed me on his birthday when it was 3 weeks ago. When he sees a car the same as mine he automatically thinks it me. (he kept saying its all good all good afterwards) i offered him a lift home and he accepted. when we got outside his house i suggested we should meet for lunch he accepted again i asked him if he still had my number he does - all my numbers, mum dads nan uncles sisters, any number where i may be he has still got in his phone. - he checked that the numbers was still correct and i gave him my new mobile number.

he asked me if i still sleep all huddled up and if i still nick the covers i said yes, he said ah like sleeping beauty

he admits that he still has all my stuff i have given him, and always think of me. and when he is out somewhere he think i will be he looks for me and everywhere he goes the memory is there and any small blonde he thinks is me when we said goodbye he hugged me so tight and held me hands then hugged me again.

Throughtout the evening when i said i was going home he would hug me tight, but i never left i ended up chatting some more.

6 Weeks on, i bump into him again out side his work, and he starts getting emotional, asking me how i am i said not to bad, i got my date for the operation and that is xmas eve, i said to him again about lunch he said yes ok will do. When i said bye he kissed me on the cheek and hugged me tight again, and said i always think of u, and will be thinking of u more than ever on xmas eve good luck. then he walked off.

He has since bumped into my best mate in a social club asked how i was etc, he asked him why he hasnt been in touch he couldnt answer the question. He asked how my operation went, he told him That i just had it and didnt have it over xmas as was ill but im doing ok. He said she is such a amazing girl, this is the hardest thing i have ever done. He had tears in his eyes went out for a fag for a long time then left.

Obviously there are feelings there still, i dont understand why he hasnt been in touch, when he said he would for lunch, but its driving me mad!What shall i say to him if i was to c him again?

He has nooone else, and there never has been anyone else. But i dont understand how over a year on he still thinks of me everyday gets emotional everytime he sees me yet wont do anything about it. I was his first Love, he is a 26 yr old man, not a kid. I wont contact him as he walked away he wanted space and respects me for giving it to him, i have offered the lunch, so its up to him. But how can i move on, with him still being like this i cant ignore him when i c him i dont have the heart to.

Its now 14 Months on, i think of him everyday - Dont know if this is normal or not. Never been thru this b4.

Sorry for the long Post

It sounds like you've left the door open for him again and again and he's just not interested in acting on it. There's a good chance he does miss you [it was a long relationship] and he does feel guilt/sadness over his decision and what not-- but I'd have to say if he's not pursuing you, regardless of his behavior, it might not go beyond that.

If I were you, I'd confront him about it. You've given him space, when you run into him you've talked to him, etc.. he needs to give you some answers.