+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: She asked me out to lunch, so who pays?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    EDIT: In the dating world sometimes the female will pay to purposely offend the male and is a sign she does not want another date. That's the old way so don't take that as 100% true...but I would wonder hehe.
    I'm not dating, but I've left distasteful gathering where I've covered my own portion of a bill and then left. I can't imagine actually paying for some creepy guy's dinner to insult him, but I wouldn't leave him hanging for my portion either. It could be used as an excuse for future contact.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i think the guy should just assume he is going to pay and when the time comes, if she insist and you don't think you can change her mind, then let her pay..

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I can't imagine actually paying for some creepy guy's dinner to insult him, but I wouldn't leave him hanging for my portion either.

A woman who was invited to dinner will offer to pay and definitely pays the tip. After offering if the guy insists on paying but she pays anyway, the guy is not going to consider the first date as going well. This concept only applies to first dates . On the few dates I have gone on as a first date I know no male that likes a woman to pay after he insists on covering for her (unless he found he did not care to see her again). Some men may say otherwise but his words and actions (facial expression) will tell me otherwise.

Anyone has any anecdotes to the contrary?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12