+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This is driving me crazy...please help!

This is driving me crazy...please help!

I want to know what does it mean when the guy says “it’s a on and off relationship?” and if they say they will "call you up"
    or "ask you out", would they or are they just being friendly and polite.

The story started the day that I went to the bank.
    I want to set up a saving account and I had such a good time chatting with this banker. It took 2 hours to finish up everything for me, so I decided to ask him for his personal number. He gave me his number. I struggle whether or not to call.. I didn’t end up calling, instead I e-mail him the next day during work. We started chatting little by little, and I was the one who asked him out too. When I finally met up with him and got into the topic of relationship, I brought up the question. I asked him whether he was taken, and his reply was “it’s a on and off relationship.” I really don’t know what to get out of it. He tells me there is a lot of problems in the relationship and he thinks he can handle her partner but he doesn’t know anymore. After that night I asked him out the second time, but this time before I left the night I told him I don’t think I would be asking him out anymore because he doesn’t seem like he is giving much effort. Anyway, then he tells me that he will be asking me out if I don’t ask him.

Now I’m stuck with this false hope…always waiting and hoping whether he meant it… would he really call or am I just being foolish?

Please give me some advise…my heart aches and I am obsess over someone that are not worth my time.

My guess is he'll only call you when things are getting bad with this other girl.

The bottom line-- regardless of if it's an on/off relationship, he's still in a relationship. If I were you, I'd get out of this situation immediately. On/off relationships are notorious for drama. If things were as bad as he claimed he'd turn it off completely.. instead he keeps going back to her. Do you honestly think he's going to break away from her completely to be with you?

Do yourself a favor and find someone completely single.

Quote Originally Posted by sighhh View Post
    I want to know what does it mean when the guy says “it’s a on and off relationship?” ....
    As you stated he probably has alot of fights with his girlfriend and doesnt know wether to stay in the relationship or not.

Since he cant seem to make up his mind (and probably wont for some time) its probably best to simply move on. I dont think you need this kind of drama.
    Last edited by Henry123; 18-04-09 at 02:57 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.