+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He has money, I don't....

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Rider, I actually happen to think that the more wealth someone has, the *more* responsible they should be. They are, in a global, societal sense, in a privileged position.

Wealth for its own sake is a disgusting pursuit, to me. No mistake, I have no problem with being wealthy, but if one isn't putting oneself in this position in order to enable others, what's the damned point?
    In a perfect world this would be the case, but that is something we are far, far from.

Generally speaking, I think that wealthy people are responsible. The ones who show the wealth make up the tip of the iceberg and subsequently set the tone for that entire level of society. Its just an extension of stereotyping.

I have no dreams or goals of being filthy rich, it would make me feel distant from the rest of the world. If I want to set myself apart from everyone else, I would rather it be through something I am exceptional at rather than how many Benjamin's I have in my wallet.

I suppose making money could be viewed as something you could excel at, but I would rather be a professional racer (No, NASCAR/NASCAR truck series don't count, Formula 1 is another story.) than a multi millionaire any day.

Believe it or not, there actually are somethings money CAN'T buy, love isn't the only thing.

P.S. While we're on the money thing, I want to visit Sydney and the rest of Australia
    Last edited by Cbrider; 18-04-09 at 03:08 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by supernova415 View Post
    Hey ima guy and ill be honest i make somewhat decent money and personally i like to take my girl everywhere and come up with all the plans, but this isn't because i wanna show off but because i have done a lot in my life and i want to show her all of it. Plus that time where she does speak up usually turns out to be one of the funnest things i have ever done and its great.

Look what im tryin to say is, w/e u do dont feel underclassed. I'll tell you what if he dumps you cause ur poor, hes an asshole(gold digger) so i would more concentrate on being that sweet fun girl on the yacht that decides to be the first one to jump in the water and really show him why he brought u home instead of the lady wearing a corsette barely able to breathe
    this is the answer, u r u and if that doesnt work for him then atleast u tried and were honest with him.... i cant stand fake people

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Don't forget the arabs, indians, and persians.
    Are you describing caste systems? I guess so, if that's what you mean. But in that case, we may as well include things like Burakumin in Japan.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I wish My girlfriend was rich

Id get everything under the sun
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Are you describing caste systems? I guess so, if that's what you mean. But in that case, we may as well include things like Burakumin in Japan.
    Caste systems are effectively socioeconomic enough to be the same as, "He has money, I don't." in many cases...
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12