+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He has money, I don't....

He has money, I don't....

Does that matter to guys? Him being upperclass and me being from a different country and below normal economic standards, even if I may not look it I'm sure he knows. He seems curious about getting to know me. I know it varies from guy to guy but what do you say?

He hangs out with his rich friends, on yachts etc etc. I hate that lifestile and I wouldn't want to adapt to it. He's a nice guy and doesn't look down on anyone, at least I don't think he does, like his friends does, but does he want an upper class girl with shiny hair because that would make life easier? What do you think?

Also, nothing to do with this matter, but what places on your body do you most like to be touched, as a guy? Not the obvious one, but other, less obvious.

Thanks very much for any help.

If you aren't willing to adapt to his lifestyle then what is there really going to be between you? He's not going to start slumming just because you're more comfortable with that.
    I don't chase, I replace.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only people who have upper class anymore are Brits. Unless you happen to have met royalty. And yes, those are generally to be avoided, in my experience (the 'upper class Brits').

Are you simply saying he is wealthier than you? Is it him, or his family?

Generally, mature people are more attracted to good personality traits like loyalty, intelligence, honesty and good work ethic. Those are excellent to find regardless of one's wealth.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Thanks for your answers.

There are class differences in most countries nowadays so I wont even begin to address that matter and thats not what my post is about.

I dont want to adapt his way of life, but if im comfortable with him I'll do what he does and what he thinks is fun.

He is wealthier, his family is and expects things out of him, expects him to bring home certain kinds of girls, just like his friends do.

And yeah I agree about the good qualities. It's just that he can find those qualities in a wealthier girl too.

Um, why can't the pobrecitas have shiny hair too? Are you some kind of swamp dweller/ No! You're not! There's no reason to feel so outclassed, here.

I was raised by poor hippies, but I feel just fine on a yacht. You could too. Why do you "hate" the lifestyle that comes with money?
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She doesn't. She hates that it makes her feel insecure.

(tag)
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Well yeah in a way it does I suppose. I just don't think his lifestyle and friends are genuine. None of them would be friends with each other if it wasn't for the money. Their conversational topics are not my cup of tea, it's all too different to make any sense.

But I want to get to know him..as a person. It's just that he obv cares a lot about money, and about what his friends think. I'm trying to be myself but is it possible for people with such different background and goals in life to really work out as a couple?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, you are like this other gal in the thread about her date buying an instrument for himself with his own money?

You have no right to put conditions on HIM. Only what is acceptable to you. If you don't like his friends/lifestyle, find someone who does fit your standards. Tho I suspect still that's just an excuse. You don't know this fellow hardly, so its unlikely you know more about his friends. You are making conclusions based on your own fear, not any real information.

My suggestion would be to find someone who you feel more comfortable with.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I do know his friends, I just hadn't discovered him until now. He seems worth the hassle, do you know what I mean? I just dont know if he thinks I am.

But yeah it makes sense. I should be less judgemental. Id love to find someone whos more like me but the sad matter is that Im not like anyone where I go to university.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You can't control his responses or interest, only yours.

The fact that someone has money doesn't give them any special privileges over you, it just gives them certain advantages in certain situations. Rich, poor, saint and asshole comes in all combinations & flavours. I would only be concerned with whether *you* find *him* interesting. Let the rest fall where it may.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Money is only worth what you make it worth.

I could care less what background you come from, its the person that matters.

Money can't make an amazing person. I see it every time I ride, guys with $15,000 bikes that can't ride. The guys I ride with just laugh along with me, first corner we drag our knees they fall miles behind. Life is no different.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Rider, I actually happen to think that the more wealth someone has, the *more* responsible they should be. They are, in a global, societal sense, in a privileged position.

Wealth for its own sake is a disgusting pursuit, to me. No mistake, I have no problem with being wealthy, but if one isn't putting oneself in this position in order to enable others, what's the damned point?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

your good

Hey ima guy and ill be honest i make somewhat decent money and personally i like to take my girl everywhere and come up with all the plans, but this isn't because i wanna show off but because i have done a lot in my life and i want to show her all of it. Plus that time where she does speak up usually turns out to be one of the funnest things i have ever done and its great.

Look what im tryin to say is, w/e u do dont feel underclassed. I'll tell you what if he dumps you cause ur poor, hes an asshole(gold digger) so i would more concentrate on being that sweet fun girl on the yacht that decides to be the first one to jump in the water and really show him why he brought u home instead of the lady wearing a corsette barely able to breathe

btw i didnt answer that little second part, i wont say to much about where i get touched but truthfully i do like to be suprised(don't follow the same motions everytime, dont Always kiss here and then move to...) take chances mayb bite a lip once or twice, instead of waiting for him to take your clothes off...take em off yourself,

but to directly answer your question, sadly lol no when i can see it coming there is no where i wanna be touched more, its a sad sad male thing. lol anyway good luck, mayb it just hasnt been found on me yet

PS i by mistake posted this on another guys forum where he wanted to kno where a girl wanted to be kissed...kinda awkward

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The only people who have upper class anymore are Brits.
    Don't forget the arabs, indians, and persians.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast