Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haha... Frasbee isn't an adult!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Haha... Frasbee isn't an adult!
    Dude, I'm only 22, I'm just a teenager with more responsibilities.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'll do anything that involves liquor.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i'll do anything that involves liquor.

raverboy
    Your pancreas and liver are going to rebel one day.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Your pancreas and liver are going to rebel one day.
    well i don't drink all the time.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Oh shit... but I like the cute little barbecues, little parties, drinking wine, talking about my job, and telling politically incorrect jokes...

Adults rarely play hide and go seek... but occasionally do play phone tag --- not as much fun as you would think when you have a deadline to meet.

There is pressure to 'fall in line' with the other adults... but I think 'having fun' as an adult is more heavily influenced by how little of time you have to be with others. Also... most of your friends will either be neighbors or co-workers... as friendships are usually made in places of most convenience...

Might as well get used to it... besides your perspective on life will change as you grow more accustomed to the yoke of responsibility...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Might as well get used to it... besides your perspective on life will change as you grow more accustomed to the yoke of responsibility...
    Don't take my "teenager with more responsibility" to heart, I'm not new to being responsible. I had thousands of my own earned money saved up before I ever left the nest.

My point is that so many people my age feel like they should act a certain way more than they actually want to act that way.

And no, it's not easy to get away with telling politically incorrect jokes without being dubbed a racist. Especially if it involves black people in this "chocolate" city.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Don't take my "teenager with more responsibility" to heart, I'm not new to being responsible. I had thousands of my own earned money saved up before I ever left the nest.

My point is that so many people my age feel like they should act a certain way more than they actually want to act that way.

And no, it's not easy to get away with telling politically incorrect jokes without being dubbed a racist. Especially if it involves black people in this "chocolate" city.

I made no claims that you were new to responsibility... only that more time under the yoke will reshape your perspective of life even more. Rarely am I ever offensive to anyone.

True... many people will just follow 'herd mentality' especially when it comes to 'acting like an adult.'

Never had a problem with racist jokes... even around blacks. Even gotten away with calling them n******' in a joking fashion... but then again, they know me very well... and such jokes are only available at certain times and certain places.

Went to visit my Dad and was so unaccustomed to seeing so many white people in one place... actually felt a little uneasy. I knew we were pale... but damn, we tend to look a bit sickly...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree, I feel weird when I can't find low income/non-working poor black folk screaming and beating their crying children.

I agree, I feel weird when I can't find low income/non-working poor black folk screaming and beating their crying children.

Ah... music to my ears... replaces the rooster crowing of my youth..

However, you have to have the screaming pack of five year olds running a muck of various shades of brown... the well behaved Indian and Asian children... and the neighborhood MUST have at least five languages I can't speak at all times...

Oh... and at least one other white family... well-to-do or trashy... doesn't really matter... they're just there so I don't look quite so 'out of place.'

- James Allen

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Or when was the last time you played tag, or hide and go seek?

What about driving around and telling racist and sexist jokes on the way to IHOP at 1 in the morning?

Adults are so gay.
    We've done laser tag. Does that count?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dude. People are like that their whole lives. Just as soon as a kid gets thrust into a social environment peer pressure sets in and it doesn't go away until senility comes a-knockin'. Most people are sheep unfortunately.

I don't engage in idle chit-chat. I don't hang out at the BBQ (unless it's a cool one--those do exist). I don't do any of that crap. You don't have to either.
    Last edited by Gribble; 20-04-09 at 12:44 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

For the majority, the mid, to late twenties will involve mortgages, marriages, the possibility of children, and only being able to go out if you've all arranged it a week in advance, even if it's only for a drink! And then most will want to go home by 10:30pm.

And out of a group of friends, there will always be one or two that want to keep the dream of being younger alive, usually the single ones!

Most of it isn't down to age though, more about their situation and as a previous poster mentioned, amount of responsibility.

You can't expect people to be as lively when you have to hold down a job, a house, relationship and mortgage etc. Priorities change, and having a few drinks on a weekday doesn't seem like such a good idea any more when you have to do well at work and pay the rent.

Quote Originally Posted by rosszero View Post
    For the majority, the mid, to late twenties will involve mortgages, marriages, the possibility of children, and only being able to go out if you've all arranged it a week in advance, even if it's only for a drink! And then most will want to go home by 10:30pm.

And out of a group of friends, there will always be one or two that want to keep the dream of being younger alive, usually the single ones!

Most of it isn't down to age though, more about their situation and as a previous poster mentioned, amount of responsibility.

You can't expect people to be as lively when you have to hold down a job, a house, relationship and mortgage etc. Priorities change, and having a few drinks on a weekday doesn't seem like such a good idea any more when you have to do well at work and pay the rent.
    I disagree somewhat. He's talking about personality more than responsibility to me. Instead of going out to drink and chat at a barbecue, he's saying to go out and play baseball during your free time. However, I agree with you in that extreme sports will be minimum if you were married with children.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Yeah, and why the hell don't people skip on the sidewalk anymore?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast