+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do i listen to my heart or head?

Do i listen to my heart or head?

ok ladies please tell me what to do... i have been dating this girl named Carley for 3 months...i'm 18 and shes 17...i've been in long term relationships (for my age...2 longest were both about 1 1/2 years) before and i can say i've felt "love" before but this girl...wow...the night we got together i was actually there to see her friend but ended up taking Carley home! From there we spent almost everyday together for about a month and then i got up the nerve to ask her to be mine and she said yes...things went great for about 3 weeks but then all of a sudden things changed...we both smoke marijuana....me on a rather limited basis...maybe on the weekends but her...thats all she wanted to do was go out and get high with her buddy allison and hangin out with these other guys that she swore up and down were just her "friends"...she started blowing me off and not showing up when she said she would and spent all her weekends out with allison and wouldnt even reply to my texts or answer my calls and said its because she left it in the car beacause she was tired of her "parents calling her nonstop".. i'm a really nice guy and i am the only male left other than my father in my family....the rest are women so i have a huge respect for the female society and i try to treat my girls like queens as much as i can.... but being so forgiving and not wanting to piss her off i just let it go and didnt say anything the first couple of times but then one night she said she was with her friend allison at her house and i was riding through town and while i was on the phone with her i see Allison riding down the road alone so i knew she was lying and road by her friend bryans house and there was her escalade! i was upset and found them at ther little hangout and kind of made a scene in private with her...but then she appologized and said she knows she was wrong and swore she wouldnt do it again and i forgave her one more time...she told me she loved me and gave me a hug and a kiss and then got in my car and we went and got hers and went back to my friends house to hang out with him and his girl. Then we left and she went home and so did i andthen i wake up the next morning with a text saying its over! this has been like 3 weeks ago and i'm still madly in love with her...i've tried movin on but it wasnt even this hard after i got dumped after a year and a half! she never gave me a reason for dumping me and we still talk but she wont talk about it...weve spoke about it once and i got to get out the whole "i miss you so much its killing me i really need you back baby" thing and she looked at me and by this point i was almost in tears and she could tell and grabbed me and gave me the biggest hug ever and i thought that was going to be a good thing but she said she just doesnt want a relationship right now...thats where we are at now...i want to keep trying to get her back because i have these feelings for her that just turn me upside down everytime i think about her which has been nonstop since the breakup...please tell me what to do my heart says keep trying but my head says its not worth it...sorry this was so long i got a little emotional with this...

Uhm, she cheated on you and feels bad about it, but doesn't respect you enough to be honest with you.

You need to respect yourself more than this and move on.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is always better to listen to your head. The one above your neck, I mean.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Listen to your head---brain that is. The heart is for pumping blood...so that you can use your brain.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

stop smoking marijuana that's all i have to say

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Listen to your head---brain that is. The heart is for pumping blood...so that you can use your brain.
    See Lesa, paraphrasing^. LOL.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Uhm, she cheated on you and feels bad about it, but doesn't respect you enough to be honest with you.

You need to respect yourself more than this and move on.
    Definitely this.

She wouldn't take your calls or texts, she was always out with other guys, and finally you caught her lying about being with her friend when she was actually at another guys house.

What do you think happened? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    See Lesa, paraphrasing^. LOL.
    I can't help it! To be honest, I would read the first post and then I already have a comment in mind....I scroll down the page and notice someone already said something similar. If I can't get the tourette urge to go away I post anyway hehe. You know we science people have OCD.

Other times I do it on purpose because I think the point needs to be repeated for emphasis to the OP.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Use ya head
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden