+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does my ex try and be friends with me after 4 months? She has a new BF

Why does my ex try and be friends with me after 4 months? She has a new BF

My ex keeps trying to be all buddy with me. She has tried to contact me a couple times a month for 4 months (I been in NC for 4months). At the time I initiated NC she was already in a new reltaionship that she kept a secret from me (she was still saying she wanted to be back with me at the time too). Well, yesterday really pissed me off because she e-mailed me like she had done nothing wrong (even though she had apologized back in February but I think it was a bluff).

She's still in this relationship with this guy and I dont know why she tries to even be friends with me and when I say friends, she means hang out on the regular too, not just stay in contact.

PLEASE what is with this girl, why does she keep trying to be friends with me? I don't think it is necessary!

She wants you as her backup bitch in case this new guy doesn't work out.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Maybe she wanted to get back with you from the start.
    But since you were not around, maybe she could not
    take it, or maybe she thought you were running away from
    her.

So, to defend herself, she tried to move on. Getting a new
    bf can be just part of the moving on phase for her.

But she isn't moving on... she's trying to reconnect while in a relationship with someone else.

I agree with Lite... she's looking for a backup in case her current relationship goes sour.

I seriously doubt she was giving this guy much thought until her current relationship started getting shaky. Seems more like a selfish move to me.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by EricaConnella View Post
    Maybe she wanted to get back with you from the start.
    But since you were not around, maybe she could not
    take it, or maybe she thought you were running away from
    her.

So, to defend herself, she tried to move on. Getting a new
    bf can be just part of the moving on phase for her.
    To clear it up.... I was the one the wanted to work things out and be back with her while she strung me along.

She strung me along for 6 months until I found out she had already had a new boyfriend. That's when I cut contact. Im just confused as to why she thinks its necessary to keep contacting me.

and for the record I never reply back to her.

Stay away from this girl....she seems like a drama case
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden

Ideally, would you like to get back together with your ex at some point? If not, it sounds like you're doing the right thing in blowing her off, she probably deserves it, but if you do still have feelings for her, I admire your ability to stay away from her.

I'm going through a similar thing. We broke up after a year, she said she wants to remain best friends, and then starts seeing someone within weeks. Part of me wants to tell her to go to hell but the fact is I'm still in love with her and don't want to risk losing her permanently.

Same thing happened with my ex, almost exactly the same situation.

Just don't respond, as soon as you do she will feel satisfied because she has your attention again. Just look ahead and leave her in the past.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Im feeling good with all this advice on to just forget it. Not gonna lie, I do still have some kind of feelings for her but hopefully by summer those will all be gone!

Edit: The day she last sent me somenthing, which was last Sunday, I had a message written out to her just acting friendly but I couldnt send it! Boy am I glad I didn't!
    Last edited by Freeway3137; 23-04-09 at 06:58 AM.