+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need help badly

I need help badly

OK, here it goes, y'all probably get a lot of crap like this, but anyway; I am crazy about this girl. Except I barely know her AT ALL, and I am almost positive she couldn't match a name to my face. I've never had a girlfriend, pretty sure she never had a boyfriend. Here's the thing, I'll be a senior in the fall, she will only be a sophomore. Personally, I don't care about this at all, I'm young in my grade so I'm probably like a year older than her, but this explains why we don't know each other at all. See, I'm not that good with girls, I don't really know why, I'm not un-confident, at least I think I'm pretty attractive, I have enough friends, but I'm definitley not cocky at all. I guess what I mean is, even though I think she's beautiful, I still think that for some reaosn I'd have a shot with her. So here is my main problem:
    She lives close by (next door to my best friend actually) but seeing as we don't know each other at all, it's so awkward to find out anything about her. It will just seem freaky and weird. What do I do? I really have no idea. And we come from such different crowds - it's summer now and I don't see her in school - I probably wouldn't see her at all until the fall - so I never really see her anymore.

Do you think it's worth it to try and get her screen name or something...I MIGHT be able to work up the nerve to talk to her that way...I'm just rambling and I'm lost...

Don't be lost. Talk to her. Go up to her. Start chattin'. Ask her how her summer was. What did she do and so on. Be friends with her. Get to know her more as time goes on. Then when you feel it's the right time and everything's goin' right, ask her out. But you gotta be sure her reaction is gonna be on your side though. Or else.. You'll be dissapointed..

Therein lies the problem. I said I was bad with girls and I think the main reason is because I'm terrible at small talk socializing...I don't know what the hell to say to her, I think it will just be some awkward silences...ugh, I just don't get how people can just 'go up to' each other and talk about crap...I also don't think I can wait that long, I mean I think abou this girl ALL the time.

well just go talk to her and say something like i see you round alot and be honest and say im not that good at small talk in a joking way. just b straight wiv her. if things go quite just laugh it off.

you will regret it if u dont do something
    - Claire -

Yeah, I've gotten somewhat close or friendly with only a couple girls before but I never do anything...I just don't know what to talk about or how or when to approach her. I know I will regret doing nothing.

you shouldnt just give us hope. maybe meet her wiv a mate and he can help you out in the uncomfortable silences.
    - Claire -