+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend just broke up with me but is there still hope?

Girlfriend just broke up with me but is there still hope?

Hi,

I'm 20 years old and my girlfriend whom is 21 just broke up with yesterday. To me this came completely out of the blue (so what i thought) but she had told me that she couldn't really handle it anymore and she didn't have enough time to devote to fixing our relationship. We both love eachother to death, we know that, we had the best of times and always thought we could be together forever. During the relationship it was tough at times (mostly because of me) I wouldn't really enjoy her company around other people and would be rude, mean, and disinterested. We talked on the phone today and she said "do you know how much it hurts when someone says ' i have never seen you and kyle kiss in public '" she's talked multiple times to me about this and we have always tried to "fix" and she had always warned me that if we dont fix the present we will never get to the future but i didn't actually think it was going to happen at all. It was a shock to say the least, and one that smacked me right upside my head. She is everything i've ever wanted in someone and we both have loved eachother so much and would never do anything to hurt eachother. I caused so many times by not being a really good boyfriend. I thought it was over forever yesterday but she said she thought we'd be better "friends" than "gf and bf". I wrote her a letter reminiscing on everything we've been through and how important she truley is to me. I didn't press anything but i felt like it was necessary to write down my thoughts as they were pouring out of my head. She said we can still talk and hang out like we used to which gave me some hope but she thought that we'd be better friends which killed me.

So today i called her like i would normally to ask her how she did on her test and what not (she got a 93) and told her good job and whatnot but then we got into our problem talk and I asked her if i was as good to her now as i was in the beginning of the relationship would we still be together? And she said "obviously" and I told her that i was willing to change and i'd do anything to be with her, but she told me that shes not going against her instinct and shes sticking to her gut, once she feels like she might need to break up with someone, thats when she needs to do it. It was the biggest smack in the face i've ever had in my life. I also asked her if there was any possibility in the near future for us to be together if i changed everything I was doing wrong, was not miserable, and acted like a true boyfriend to her. She said "i'm not going to say no, but i'm not going to say yes either" -

Before this we had a cruise scheduled for the 31st of next month, we were best friends for 3 years before our 2 year relationship just to let you know. Anyway I asked her if she'd still consider going on the cruise because it may help our relationship and she said she'd "think about it" she said it may be akward because my sister and her fiance would go, but i told her that they understand the situation and enjoy her company and they want her to go and not to feel akward.

Do i have a chance to win my love back with her? She said that shes not sayin yes and shes not sayin the possibility of no in the future and she also is considering going on the cruise with us?

Do i have a chance?

Maybe you have a chance if you can show her you've learned a lesson and you've changed your behavior. This takes a LOT more that a big realization. It takes dedication and effort.

Question: how does your dad treat your mom?
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She gave up on you man. Its unlikely she's ever coming back.

The time to act is before she left, when she was telling you there were things she wanted from you. Once a gal breaks it off like you say, its usually past the point of return. Sorry. Pay attention earlier next time.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh