+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My journey

My journey

Up to now I have been talking with a girl I like (and whom I suspect likes me) periodically in class. Today I talked with her pretty much all hour during the class we have together and out of school after class (she leaves I stay, I opted to not have early release). Halfway down the hall she says she thinks she left her jacket in the classroom and checks her stuff.
    I overheard her say that she has a boyfriend last class period but that she doesnīt really like him.
    I feel as though soon I should ask her to lunch at school some time (possibly bring something for the both of us, school lunch sucks). Any suggestions.
    God answers you, you may not hear it but he gives you the tools you need to fix your problems.

I think you should make sure her bf can't beat you up.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Well... Uh, maybe you should start a conversation saying something like, "So do you have a boyfriend?" If she says yes, say something coolly casual like, "Oh, that's too bad. I wanted to ask you out sometime."

That'll give her something to think about. And believe me, she will think.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Cain, I am not really worried if he can beat me up. Thing is, if he does (try to) beat me up, the girl I mentioned will like him even less.
    Considering how she said she didnīt like him, Iīm honestly not sure much less she can like him. It was like that tone kids use when they say ĻI donīt like broccoli.Ļ Not that I am comparing her to a kid, just trying to emphasize the tone.
    God answers you, you may not hear it but he gives you the tools you need to fix your problems.

I always laugh when I read something like "oh she said she's has a boyfriend but doesn't like him that much." Really? If she didn't like him-- why be in a relationship with him? Seriously-- I know of a LOT of girls who say something like this just to make sure they can keep getting attention from guys/make sure they don't back off. It's an ego boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinyotsu View Post
    Cain, I am not really worried if he can beat me up. Thing is, if he does (try to) beat me up, the girl I mentioned will like him even less.
    Considering how she said she didnīt like him, Iīm honestly not sure much less she can like him. It was like that tone kids use when they say ĻI donīt like broccoli.Ļ Not that I am comparing her to a kid, just trying to emphasize the tone.
    Who cares?

If she breaks up with him for you he won't lose anything by beating your ass and causing her to like him less.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Cain, I am pretty much certain that I wonīt get beaten up (I practice my own fighting style, incase I ever need it).

alovehangover, Today showed a pretty good sign. While walking to my 4th block, I saw her n the hall, smiled at her and said ĻhiĻ. She looked at me and smiled a ĻIīm happy to see youĻ smile. In the class we have together, I havenīt seen her smile like that. So I am thinking it is a good sign.

Today was a really good day. I talked with he through most of the block and a little before and as much after as I could. I gave her my number cause this kid was playing around giving her his number (kid is sophomore or freshman) so I pulled out a notecard, ripped a piece off, pulled out a pen and wrote my number. I donīt know what I was thinking, I canīt tell you why I acted but I know that what I did was not an act of jealousy, it was an act of walking through the door that just opened to see what lay beyond it.
    I have been anxiously awaiting a text or call from her but nothing yet. I donīt expect anything too soon. I keep repeating in my head ĻPatience is a virtue, even when time is scarceĻ because I have less than 10 days at school. The odd thing is, I donīt feel rushed. I just feel that this is the perfect pace to be moving at. My heart wants to rush ahead so fast that the time comes now. My head knows that the journey is much sweater when taken slow. The two have finally come to a consensus, finally they have found the right speed.

I guess what I am getting at is, is there any more advice anyone wishes to bestow upon me? I am not sure that I need it, but what I do know is that I have never felt this much for someone and been able to talk to them as I do with her. Talking to her comes so effortlessly, sometimes I feel as though I donīt even need to think about what I will say because I know it will come out right.

Leave her alone, is the best advice you will receive here

What exactly are you planning to get? What's your best case scenario?

She breaks up with her bf to be with you? That might be a great ego trip, but in the real world all it will mean is she's not trustworthy and she will do the same to you. People who don't like their partners break up with them because they don't like them, not because there is someone who's better out there.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Iīm not saying she is breaking up with her boyfriend for me. From what I have heard her say and how she said it, she doesnīt like him.

I am not sure I am conveying the information correctly so I probably wonīt be continuing this matter. I am going to continue as I am because that is what my heart is saying. I would like to be with her, I feel I can be with her. Thus i will continue on the path.
    Wish me luck or not.

She obviously likes you better than her boyfriend. I'm sure she is patiently waiting at the other end of the phone just waiting, as patient as you, for the perfect destined moment to call. The she will tell you that you're nothing like her current boyfriend, so much better... now if only she can figure out a way to dump him and go out with you....
    Oh I have an idea! You say... How about you come into school tomorrow with my arm draped around your shoulder. He'll get that confused Jock look that only meat-heads get because they are too dumb to figure out when their girlfriends don't like them anymore. He'll come up to you and her, try to get in your face, but she'll stand and block the way. "No," she'll say, "If you really loved me, you wouldn't hurt him." He'll look at her, sadly and then step aside, as you, the new man, take your rightful place at her side.....

Is that what you want to hear? Unfortunately life is not another teen movie. I bet there's some less hot girl standing in the corner wishing you'd notice her... oh but if you'd only look around...

-Lily Tomlin

actually she was the girl who was wishing I would notice her. I was so fixated on another girl last semester someone could have punched me in the face and I wouldnīt have known what happened.
    Also, you proved my point about not getting my point across because the boyfriend is from another school or in college or something like that. It could have been that I forgot to mention it or some other reason. Personally I just feel I am better off not listening to people who tell me not to act when my gut tells me I should. From past experiences, when my gut says to do something it is good judgement to do it. I have gone against my gut a few times but each time i paid the price.

My intention for asking for advice was to get some insight, suggestions on how to get to the solution to my problem. Never once did I so much as hint that I would ever turn back and forfeit. I donīt give up unless there is no reason to continue. Even if the path is impassable, I will keep trying until I pass it because nothing is truely impassable. Take Thomas Edison for example, he created the light bulb but failed 2000 times. When asked, he said ĻI didnīt fail, I found 2000 ways not to make a light bulb, I only need to find one way to make it work.Ļ I may not have failed 2000 times but I think I am on the verge of my one way to make it work. I wonīt stop until, like i said, there is no reason to continue.

So then get HER number, call her and ask her out.

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Rinyotsu View Post
    My intention for asking for advice was to get some insight, suggestions on how to get to the solution to my problem.
    Sorry, this is the best advice you will get here. One with the least amount of pain for all involved. If you are really interested in this girl and she is unhappy in her current relationship, then simply wait don't do anything. If she really doesn't like her bf then she will leave him on her own. Then you can pursue her. Then you will get more advice.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Be brave! Go for the gusto! Follow your bliss! Good luck!