+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Growing too tired of our problems, giving up

Growing too tired of our problems, giving up

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and this is my very first post. I'm having relationships problems with my boyfriend of 3 years, and we're on the verge of breaking up. My bf and I are international college students from another country, and recently I accepted a job offer from my hometown. As it is not just any old job offer but a golden opportunity to advance my career, I've decided to move back. Before my decision, my bf and I were very close and we often discuss our future together. Despite this fact my bf decided to stay in the US as our home country doesnt offer many opportunities in his field of study. This has lead to major arguments between us and we've already decided that we're breaking up in September, when I move back. It is very difficult for us to get along nowadays as officially and in front of all our friends we're still a couple yet we both know that everything will end in September. I really want to make the best of our time left together, but it's so hard to be happy knowing we're breaking up. My heart is very conflicted right now and I totally don't know how I should act in front of him, any advice?

Also, I don't have many friends in my hometown so I'm very worried about the loneliness I would feel without him around.

Avoiding loneliness is a bad reason to stay together if you're making one another miserable.

Is there really no hope for the future, even the distant future? If you could make a five-year plan, is there room for each other in it?
    Spammer Spanker

Why are you putting off the breakup?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

How were you able to mutually agree to break up at a later date?

If it's over in 1,3,or 6 months.. isn't it already over?

If a deadline for a break up is set, its already over. Break it off now, it will make the transition less painful when September rolls around. You're torturing yourself as is, why?

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger