+ Follow This Topic

Thread: talked with my ex's friend

talked with my ex's friend

When I saw my ex girlfriend out, she was with a friend of hers that plays hockey around the same time as my son and we always had quick chats when we ran into each other. When I walked into them, I talked more to my ex girlfriend's friend than her, in front of her, but normally as I would if I were out. My ex girlfriend looked a little peeved and seemed to be rushing the conversation and looking uncomfortable. Did it look like I was trying to get in my ex girlfriend's space? I would have talked to her friend regardless of whether my ex was there. The reason for giving the ex space is she broke up with me and I was respecting that...giving her space she needed.

Well, just how much did you ignore her? Was it like you didn't even know her?
    Spammer Spanker

No, i had smiled and said hi to her earlier. I'm trying to keep talk to a minimum as to give her space.

Newsflash: she says she wants space, but really, she wants you to be devastated. I'm sure she was very disappointed.
    Spammer Spanker

If I can carry on the story, she picked up a guy practically in front of me a couple hours later. I thought it was to make me jealous. A friend I was with called her over cause she knew I was pissed and my ex told me she knew it was breaking my heart. Thought maybe making me jealous but after telling me, ran right back to the guy and when I left I found out she left later with him.

Gross. What a rotten thing to do.
    Spammer Spanker

so in the end she ended up devastating me...I didn't make the mistake of telling her I love her or want her back. I did tell her that she looked beautiful, she did, and I had some things to say but wanted to give some space now. She was almost crying and said she knew this was breaking my heart and I told her not to worry about me, I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. I definitely was caught off guard and a little stunned but made the mistake of a compliment but not that I wanted her back.