+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship privacy???

Relationship privacy???

Hello, i am 17 and my girlfriend and i our deep in love and its been about 2 years together. Recently i asked my girlfriend how she shaved down there because i was thinking about shaving myself.

I was surprised how she could not tell me, we tell each other everything and i tell her anything, i have nothing to hide.

She told me it is private and i was getting frustrated because we are together and she should be able to tell me these things and anything.

She told me somethings should be kept to her self, and i told her she should be able to tell me anything because we are in love and can tell each other anything.

Am i wrong? Please explain this privacy stuff.
    Last edited by Lotus; 28-04-09 at 12:25 PM.

Some things are private and your partner has a right to privacy. People in love don't have to tell each other absolutely everything.

Let it go.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

At first, you are not wrong because you chose to be open to your girlfriend. And try to understand your girlfriend`s side, i think she cannot open up anything to you because shes not ready to tell it to you. Hope you understand what i really mean
    Work everyone's nerve by posting links in your sig...

I'm confused. You know that she shaves down there, but she is afraid to tell you how?

I hope you both aren't having sex. Because you definitely aren't ready.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I'm confused. You know that she shaves down there, but she is afraid to tell you how?

I hope you both aren't having sex. Because you definitely aren't ready.
    I think they don't do sex,ife they would, he wouldn't have to ask how she shaves there ,he would just know it
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    I think they don't do sex,ife they would, he wouldn't have to ask how she shaves there ,he would just know it
    Or doing the shaving...

The answer is.... very very carefully. Go with the grain not against and don't use a dull blade.

Yeah that's weird that she's weird about you asking. Usually privacy comes in somewhere else. But if she doesn't want to tell you, and you keep pushing it's just going to piss her off. She may feel weird that YOU are asking her for shaving tips.

Just google it and stop asking her. Or make an appointment somewhere and get it waxed. Pick your battles, this isn't one that's worth it.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are looking for tips on how to shave your testicles, doesn't it make a bit more sense to ask a male?

BTW - shaving testicles is not universally appreciated by females. She might not care to discuss this with you because she is grossed out.

Guys, we are having sex. thats what i dont get.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    Guys, we are having sex. thats what i dont get.
    You're having sex, but you don't know if she shaves her pubic region or not? Uhm, right...
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Oh and technique for shaving male bits is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from shaving female bits. Google the information, it's out there.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

he asked her how not if....

and the point is "why is she defensive?"

some things need time and the right build up i guess, u said ur open with eachother already so just let her feel safe first.... maybe ur timing was just bad, dont read too much into it just yet.

Me and my guy shares a lot of secrets together. But it irritating me that even if me and my best friend's secret he wants to know and he gets mad when I don't tell him the secret of my best friend. The only way we won't fight is to share what is the secret. Even if it is so private I will share it to him and my best friend doesn't know about it me telling my guy her secret.
    I think I'm clever.

It sounds like you made her uncomfortable.. by continuing to badger her about it and throwing "we should be able to tell each other everything!" is just guilting her into discussing something with you she's not ok talking about.

Seriously, love or not-- there are some things people just aren't comfortable talking about. This is one of them for her.

Let it go.

And also-- if you want tips or "how to's" go online. You both have different parts and you'd have to shave differently anyway.