+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you date a slightly overweight girl?

Would you date a slightly overweight girl?

Ok the 40 year old guy I'm trying to get to know better is obsessed with the gym and keeping fit. He eats well, looks pretty damn good but is also usually very down to earth and kind.
    I noticed all previous gf's of his have been super fit gym junkies with body's to die for. I've also noticed the relationships haven't lasted.
    I'm kind of a curvy build gone soft..the exact opposite of his ex's. We flirt a bit and sometimes I think he's keen on me but the physical side of things worries me.
    He once said he felt physically sick after seeing some of the contestants on biggest loser. I was disgusted at his reaction, but thought maybe that's a sign that my body may also turn him off.
    Other times when I talk about getting fit he says women aren't barbie dolls and it's normal for women to be curvy.
    I'm confused also as he loves to point out "gross" pictures of women with cellulite and I cringe thinking well that's what my legs look like too.
    If we clicked in every other way do you think from his perspective my soft but curvy body would be a deal breaker?
    Thanks

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I suppose it depends on your definition of "slightly overweight". I have a feeling it might be just "overweight". If that's the case it sounds like it might well be a dealbreaker with this guy,
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I'm 70 kilos not sure what that is in pounds. I dress well but underneath well I don't have a hard toned body like gym instructors. Can't guys see past the body?

Gym junkie whos type seems to be slim fit girls probably wont go for overweight chicks - sorry =P. Mabye you should join his gym and get fit yourself? dunno just a suggestion, i know a lot of people dont seem to have time
    Cigarette free for 6 months.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by brigitte View Post
    I'm 70 kilos not sure what that is in pounds. I dress well but underneath well I don't have a hard toned body like gym instructors. Can't guys see past the body?
    I know 70kgs, I'm Australian. Still, I can't really think of how 70kg looks on a girl.

Anyway you don't need a "hard toned body like gym instructors", but if you have a gut and a big ass, well I'm afraid this particular guy doesn't sound like he'd go for it. Particularly judging from his ex-girlfriends.

I might be wrong, it's not definite. Can't you just go to the gym, if you're that keen on him?
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by brigitte View Post
    Can't guys see past the body?
    Of course they can.

Many men have overweight mothers, and still love them to death.

Doesn't mean they'd want the same in a romantic partner.

Plus, why should he try if he doesn't have to?

It depends on how you carry it (70kg ~ 154 lbs for those of us in the U.S.) and how tall you are. I don't think that is that overweight. I would need to see a picture to give a better answer. But I wouldn't have a problem with it assuming the rest of her was attractive to me.

Even if he went for it, you would always be worried about it, and would never have sex with the lights on. Don't you want someone who is totally into you? Why would you do this to yourself?
    Spammer Spanker

70 kilos is not overweight... unelss you are really short.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 29-04-09 at 03:32 AM.

You can either get into shape to 'fit' what this guy is looking for... or you can look for a guy that 'fits' what you're looking for.

If you try to be someone you're not... eventually you will grow tired of it.

So the choice is really up to you.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is precious little you can do about the cellulite. Regardless of weight, it's one of the things the vast majority women have to deal with after a certain age. In fact, this article says 85-98%.

[url]http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a713947910~db=all[/url]

I can't imagine wanting to saddle myself with someone who would probably make me feel insecure about what is natural for a woman's body.
    Last edited by vashti; 29-04-09 at 05:06 AM.

I agree with what vashti said. If this guy is making you this insecure about yourself, then he's not worth it. You know the saying, "the guy who is worth your tears will never make you cry?" Well that is true. The man you should be with will love you for who you are and everything about you, good and bad.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    personally i don't have chubby girls attractive. however, my friend is all about having something soft to sleep on.

bluntly put, it depends on the person and what you describe about his past, it doesn't sound like he is into cellulite.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All the gym monkeys I know all like girls who are the same. They want someone to share a love of crunches and protein shakes with. They don't date girls who aren't fit looking - regardless of how fit you actually are underneath the little extra weight.

Wouldn't waste your time on this one.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I gave this guy a quick hug today. Was like hugging a bag of bricks. His chest was that hard. It really put ME OFF. So I guess I won't be getting physical anytime soon with someone who feels like a brick wall to hug.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast