+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Another Rant...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    what about your ages once again?
    I will be 25 this year... and she will be 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Those "ties that bind" are wrapped around your neck. This would be significantly improved if you didn't live with her. What can you do about this? Anything?

There are a few things I can do.

I can ditch all my stuff and let her have it... but it's practically all I have, as I lost most of my belongings in the divorce (was the easiest, quickest, and cheapest way to get rid of him).

I can kick her out... she'll eventually get around to having me kicked out as well... after a little fighting back and forth... she'll offer her conditional help. Then I'll have to either come graveling back to her or take my chances on the streets (as nearly all of my money is depleted now...).

I can go and live with my Dad 400 miles away... but the place where he lives has very few job opportunities and the commute is ridiculously long -- nullifying the money earned via a low-income occupation.

Or... I can wait it out... get another job, slowly save up money... hold true to my lease contract (so that finding a place somewhere else will be easier)... and when I have everything lined up... run like hell.

There is a way out of this... it's just the stress she brings is so very distracting...

I've already lost weight since her arrival... if I lose much more... it will be rather unsightly. So I've been trying to eat frequently with more or less balanced meals.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

After that description of your mum I'm beginning to seriously consider that she simply wants you to be as miserable as her. She can't tolerate your successes Dalia and she wants you to suffer with her because she can't stand seeing you having a better life than her.

I think it was a bad idea to invite her in. I think it would be good at this point to make a choice of direction to go in, but have a fall back plan you can use. Then have a chat with her. During the chat outline all the things that bother you and ask for a consistent change. If she complies then wait it out. If she doesn't tell her that you are leaving and not coming back and not to contact you again. I would have done this yesterday if I were you, I have a very low tolerance threshold for abusive behavior.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My mother is probably 1 step from being homeless at this point, considering she had taken out 3 mortgages on the house, spent all of her credit on material and sewing shit (so much that it cluttered a large 2 story 4 bedroom house, no joke). Her deadbeat husband and my half sisters moved out to an apartment, and she's jobless after a surgery left her unable to continue her nursing career.

She put herself in her position, she had well over 30 years to get it right. They did the therapy, claimed that they would change.

I cut and run as soon as I was 18 and out of highschool to live with my dad.

One of the best decisions I ever made at that age.

Last time I spoke to her was almost a year ago, and at that time she was selling all of her belongings to stay in that stupid house. Maybe now she'll learn how to live frugally.

Cut and run as soon as you can.

Sooner if she tries to sabotage you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12