+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Know He Was The One

How Did You Know He Was The One

Question for the married ladies. How did you know your husband was the man you wanted to marry? Most of us have had several different relationships, but what was it that made you know this was the person?

My girlfriend and I feel we are it for each other, like real true love, its so intense and has been for awhile. But she has had a longer relationship then the what we have had so far, I just wonder why me?

I know specifics are impossible, but any small tidbits that did it for you would be interesting.

Do you think women are attracted to men like their fathers too?

great question, i am a woman and in a relationship that i intend to end....precisely becase i know deep down that he's not "the one"....i can't wait to read what other women say about this.

Not married, but I feel pretty damn good about my relationhip with my boyfriend.

Plain and simple, he respects my daughter and treats her like his own. That's already a winner there.

That's not all he's good about cuz there's tons of things, but that is what got him major points.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post

Plain and simple, he respects my daughter and treats her like his own. That's already a winner there.
    Wow, that's a good man right there! You hold on to him.

Also not married. I can't exactly describe it... it just kind of washed over me one night while we were on a trip to Chicago about 10 months into our relationship. He fell asleep and as I was laying next to him... I just knew. Its been 3 years since that night. We plan on getting married when we get out of Grad school.

There is no 'the one'. Everyone is a disgusting, hedonistic, selfish narcissist a few heartbeats away from a sadistic psychopath (in their own unique special way).

Being with the one can only be considered from the point of view of how much of their insanity is similar to ours (and therefore bearable).
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I married the wrong guy first and never forgot the right one. Now I'm with the right one and I feel good around him, not worn out. We invigorate each other.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I married the wrong guy first and never forgot the right one. Now I'm with the right one and I feel good around him, not worn out. We invigorate each other.
    How did this go for you? How long were you with the "wrong" one before you wound up with the "right" one? I have a feeling I'm a "right" one waiting for someone who is with a "wrong" one.

Quote Originally Posted by steelsword View Post
    How did this go for you? How long were you with the "wrong" one before you wound up with the "right" one? I have a feeling I'm a "right" one waiting for someone who is with a "wrong" one.
    It took 12 years to find my way back, but that's because I was a stubborn dead horse beater. I wanted to MAKE my marriage work.
    Spammer Spanker

It took 12 years to find my way back, but that's because I was a stubborn dead horse beater. I wanted to MAKE my marriage work.
    Interesting. It seems a lot of women think that way, but men who are in those relationships could care less. I really feel for those women because they are doing themselves a great disservice by staying with guys like that. There are guys like myself, who are not like that.

I'm glad you found your way back to him Giga. Did you all date or anything before, or?

Quote Originally Posted by steelsword View Post

I'm glad you found your way back to him Giga. Did you all date or anything before, or?
    I had an Unfortunate Rebound Entanglement that shredded me thoroughly and brought me to LoveForum. That was plenty for me. The opportunity to get back together with him presented itself and I jumped at it.

I'm not sorry about it. I wanted to make sure he wasn't my rebound guy. I feel like I was fully available.

Another reason I know he's The One is that we want the same things. We have a good likelihood of growing together, not apart as time goes by.

If you're with someone that wants to be a rock star while you want a modest home and three kids, that's probably not the one, know what I mean?

Oh, and by the way, I have never wanted to be with anyone even remotely like my father. No way.
    Spammer Spanker

I had an Unfortunate Rebound Entanglement that shredded me thoroughly and brought me to LoveForum. That was plenty for me. The opportunity to get back together with him presented itself and I jumped at it.

I'm not sorry about it. I wanted to make sure he wasn't my rebound guy. I feel like I was fully available.

Another reason I know he's The One is that we want the same things. We have a good likelihood of growing together, not apart as time goes by.
    Hmm I see. Well I can hope someone feels that way about me one day.

Giga, question though. When you were marrying the wrong one, didn't you think he was the right one? So where was the misjudgement, what part of him were you not seeing in the beginning?

I was knocked up.

It's more complicated than that, of course. I thought the wrong one could really "get" me because he was from my hometown and had a similar upbringing whereas the right one was too good for me or something silly like that.

The way I put it now is that my ex understood where I was coming from but my current husband understands where I'm going. I think that's important. If your SO doesn't believe in your dreams, he's not the right one.
    Spammer Spanker

Thank you for sharing Giga, I really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast