+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Talk to/Relate to Women?

What?

Typical response. I love being misunderstood. XD NO WHERE, ANYWHERE, Did I say talk about just yourself. And if a man has nothing better to do than listening to all a woman's Personal PROBLEMS. There is something wrong. Trust me, I speak from experience, not assumption. And what I put was "griping"? Again NOWHERE is there an annoying complaint, you are only making it understood that you are not going to listen to emotional problems all day. You still have fun, you can still talk about interesting things with and about her, but you don't try to "relate" or "feel what she feels" emotion-wise when talking about things like drama. You keep your cool. And did I not say "balance" in my last post? You don't do overly insensitive OR sensitive actions.

Quote Originally Posted by dragondragon View Post
    Typical response. I love being misunderstood. XD NO WHERE, ANYWHERE, Did I say talk about just yourself. And if a man has nothing better to do than listening to all a woman's Personal PROBLEMS. There is something wrong. Trust me, I speak from experience, not assumption. And what I put was "griping"? Again NOWHERE is there an annoying complaint, you are only making it understood that you are not going to listen to emotional problems all day. You still have fun, you can still talk about interesting things with and about her, but you don't try to "relate" or "feel what she feels" emotion-wise when talking about things like drama. You keep your cool. And did I not say "balance" in my last post? You don't do overly insensitive OR sensitive actions.
    This guy took the words out of my mouth. Be there, but not every time this girl wants you to be there....and ask her up front what she needs from you, "you want my advice? or you just want me to listen to you?" very important to ask because she wont appreciate you trying to fix things for her, I am a fixer, and always willing to give advice, but it does not work well in all situations. ASK.
    "Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Nietzsche

There are two dilemmas... that rattle the human skull. How do you hold onto someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?

Quote Originally Posted by steelsword View Post
    I see. I think that is some sound/good advice there Dragon. Thanks. Curious though, how should one respond to such a comment from a woman? Or should one just ignore it completely?
    My new philosophy is to stop them in their tracks. Don't ignore it, make it clear from the beginning.

for example, it is not productive to hear her talk about her last boyfriends, or how she loved this guy, and not this guy because he was a jerk (but guess what? she still banged him anyways) In fact, I make it clear now that I have no interest to know about her past relationships, period, change of conversation.

There are two dilemmas... that rattle the human skull. How do you hold onto someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?

Crap, I realized I posted advice in the ask a female forum, not sure if it was cool for me to venture here being a guy. oh well.

No Prob...

I posted as a guy too Survivor. Nothing to be ashamed of, lol. And I'm glad to have found someone that understands what I'm talking about.

How to relate/talk to women. Think of a man and then remove reason and accountability.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Wow

Coming right out and saying
    "I'd have you know that my psychiatrist advice costs $400 an hour. If you think you can afford it..." She might laugh but in her head she thinking what an ass u are, if u don’t want to talk about her personal issues don’t say im sorry, and change the subject. Being a girl it’s surprisingly how bad I am at talking about relationship issues with my girlfriends, I completely avoid the issue, and it works, u don’t want to hurt the persons feelings or make them feel like you don’t care.( unless u don’t like them) and as far as giving off the friend vibe, you have to let them know your interested, Compliment her sincerely, if she's beautiful, she probably gets a lot of comments about that on a day to day basis, so try and find something about her that's unique, stand out, show her your paying attention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12