+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you give a guy your number without coming off as desperate?

How do you give a guy your number without coming off as desperate?

This isn’t under a club, bar, or any sociable setting. Let’s say he worked as a teller at your local bank and you’ve known him for a while – not personally; briefly only. Let's say you sense that he is interested, and under his position he can't ask for number or a date and plus he's some what the shy type of guy & your wanting to leave him your number so you can get over the wondering of his action.

Guys – have you ever been given a number by a girl you had interest in but were too shy to ask for yourself? What was your reaction to it? Did you feel offended or blown away? Did you find her desperate?

And how would you go to ask if a guy has a girlfriend? Guys, would you find it desperate or awkward?

Girls, if you too can answer: have you ever taken the first step and give the guy you were interested in your number without him asking for it? How did you do it? What excuse did you use? How did it feel like?

One time a woman gave a note attached to a tip with her number... I thought it was really cool. Especially because it's not appropriate for an employee to ask out a customer, but the other way around is totally ok.

Point is, even if he is interested he can't say anything at work. To be honest, it really doesn't matter how you do it. If he's single, he'll probably call you. If he's not, he'll more than likely still take it as a great compliment and you'll probably make his day. Who knows... even if he is seeing someone, maybe it's not that serious, or it's dwindling.

Seriously though, I think slipping him a note is the best way to do it. He'll have all day at work to think about you, plus it'll bring back to fun little adolescent memories. Worked on me.
    there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I agree with what The Godfather said. Next time you're at the bank/preferably interacting with him already, slip him your #.

Do like Godfather said, if anything it will make his day.

Don't say "You should call me sometime" or something like that. Say "Call me one of these days, we should grab coffee." or something like that. If you come off as confident you will grab his attention far more than you would otherwise. Wording has a great affect on how your proposal comes across.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

hey secretive, similar kind of situation to mine (see my post about 'how would you guys see this' or whatever its called, i've forgotten already!!). Am too a bit worried about looking too forward and how he might react, but when you think about the number of notes/numbers that get exchanged in the world every day by someone liking someone else it kind of puts it in perspective. Hopefully yours will work out, but I think what is important is should he not feel the same is how you deal with it. If he says no, just shrug it off and don't get embarrassed, just tell him he seemed like a really nice person and its not a problem.

Write a quick sweet note and phone number on 5 x dollar bills on the top. Each one funny.

1. You're cute.

2. Wanted to ask you out.

3. Do you like movies?

4. I find myself making unnecessary trips to the bank to see you.

5. Want to catch a movie? Nod once? I'll be out front for the next hour.

...should do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    Write a quick sweet note and phone number on 5 x dollar bills on the top. Each one funny.

1. You're cute.

2. Wanted to ask you out.

3. Do you like movies?

4. I find myself making unnecessary trips to the bank to see you.

5. Want to catch a movie? Nod once? I'll be out front for the next hour.

...should do the trick
    So I would just walk right in there and give it to him and walk out? wouldn't you guys find that a little weird? What happens if the guy doesn't understand what the phone number meant, or the note? Not only are girls over thinkers, but some guys are too.

Quote Originally Posted by petal View Post
    hey secretive, similar kind of situation to mine (see my post about 'how would you guys see this' or whatever its called, i've forgotten already!!). Am too a bit worried about looking too forward and how he might react, but when you think about the number of notes/numbers that get exchanged in the world every day by someone liking someone else it kind of puts it in perspective. Hopefully yours will work out, but I think what is important is should he not feel the same is how you deal with it. If he says no, just shrug it off and don't get embarrassed, just tell him he seemed like a really nice person and its not a problem.
    what will happen after i give him my number doesn't frighten me as much as walking in there and giving him my number. i've never had to give my number out to a guy without being ask for it first... so this situation is a little different. worst can come to worst, he has a girlfriend or isn't interested - that's fine, at least i will not have to question about his actions and what not. but i can't find a valid enough excuse, or how to go in there and give it to him. normally im a girl with confidence, im fine with doing it for a friend but for myself, its another issue.

as for your situation: i would just email him, overall its only an innocent email wishing him well on his new job. worst comes to worst... he doesn't reply right? hun, hope everything works out for you too!

Guys, would you find it weird if a girl came up to you and ask if you have a girlfriend?

I'm not a guy but I'd reckon that if you gave a guy your number, he would know exactly what it meant!

Quote Originally Posted by secretive<3 View Post
    Guys, would you find it weird if a girl came up to you and ask if you have a girlfriend?
    no. not at all.

would you find it weird if the vice versa happened to you?

stop complicating things and just do it!!

I have had several girls ask if I had a girlfriend and ask me out so no I do not find it strange at all. I like independent women who are not afraid to speak their mind.

Unless this dude is Rico Suave himself and just has so many women fawning over him that he can't possibly afford to divert his attention to one more, it absolutely is flattering (and even a turn-on) to have a girl give you her number and/or ask you out.

Sure, as a man, it's nice to assume the traditional "I'm the guy, I'm in charge" role (despite how sexist that sounds), but there is something really sexy about a girl who's willing to take the initiative.

The most I would do in terms of giving a number is make it pretty dam clear that if he did ask me for my number that I would give it to him.

Basically roll out all the bait and wait for him to bite. If the guy has half a brain and is interested in you .. he'll take it =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hot Alpha Female
    [URL="http://www.hotalphafemale.blogspot.com"]Your Go-To Girl For Dating Advice[/URL]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast