+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Classic -Torn Between Two Guys

Classic -Torn Between Two Guys

I never thought I would ever be in this situation.
    Its the classic case of being "torn between two guys."
    Although I know my situation the best and need to do what's best for me I would love some advice. I'm dying here.

Here is my story:

Guy #1 met him when I was 17 and he was 21. Lost my virginity to him. Dated for 7 years and lived together. I am now 25. He is financially stable and I can be myself around him completely. He knows what I am thinking and want to say before I even say anything. He is essentially my best friend. Problem is I never really felt sexy around him. He is more of my friend and we can talk about anything. We connect verbally and emotionally. BUT not emotionally when it comes to feelings, sex and physical. I am a very clingy and physical girl. I need you to play in my hair or hold me sometimes. He knows this but does not know I don't enjoy the sex.

We eventually broke up and live far apart from each other. We still talk everyday and are best friends still. No hard feelings. Only broke up because it became long distance.

Throughout my relationship with Guy1 I met a guy friend and we became really close. Now that me and Guy 1 are not together I have been spending a lot of time with Guy2. He is very sweet, caring and physical to me. Sex is great. Guy #2 is younger than me and told me he loves me.

Guy #1 and I still talk about the "What ifs." What if I asked you to marry me, what if I wanted to get back together. He doesn't know I have gotten so close to Guy #2. Thinks we are just friends and guy #2 does not know me and my ex still talk about those things.

I really want to be Guy #2 girlfriend but I don't want to lose Guy #1 just in case. (I know selfish)

Any advice or is anyone leaning toward me going with a specific guy. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks

try # 2 a bit more, see if he is stable.. definitely pick sex over everything else

That's what I want to do BUT I am afraid that if it doesn't work out then I will lose #1 for good.
    Thanks for the advice.

How about getting a Guy 3 involved, that would really set things on fire!

Just kidding. Only you can answer this question. But I'm not going to act like I'm going to take some kind of 'moral' high ground. Instead, I'll tell you to keep things as they are, feel the situation out for awhile, and whichever feels 'more right' to you, then go with it.

But don't play them both for too long, it might catch up. Hope you find the lucky Guy!

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Here's a novel idea, try being honest with both guys, let them decide because it's obvious the only person your care about is yourself.

Your right. I am being really selfish. I said so myself. I need to be honest..I really do but I am so afraid to lose one or both.
    Its the classic "want my cake and eat it too"

I wish I could combine both guys together. That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Sotornandscared View Post
    I really want to be Guy #2 girlfriend but I don't want to lose Guy #1 just in case. (I know selfish)
    It sounds like you already know the answer. You already made a choice, what happens with the other one, well what happens happens.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~