+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anniversary coming up...

Anniversary coming up...

First of all this is my first post, so go easy on me...

Next, I just want to give a little background of my situation: I'm in my early 20's and this July will have been with my girlfriend, who is a couple years younger, for 4 years. We first started dating a little bit before I was heading off to start college hundreds of miles away. We didn't want to end things, so we just kept good communication, and I visited home in NY every so often to be able to see her. I ended up transferring to a school closer to home the next year, not only to be closer to her, but also because of the expenses of the school I was at. Obviously we continued dating, and then about a year ago because of a couple different issues for her, my girlfriend moved to Texas to live with her mom and other family. We've had little "breaks" that of course weren't really breaks at all, and I really think the distance that we've had on and off throughout the last 3 and a half years have brought us closer together, but enough about the background, and if you've made it this far then I must have caught your interest somehow...

Basically, I'm visiting her this July for about 10 days to be with her for our 4th 'anniversary' of being together, and really want to do something special with her, get away from her moms house and get some 'us' time for a couple days/nights... Any ideas? Oh btw, we'll be in the Dallas area...

i know nothing about Dallas, but maybe you could take a mini-vacation like go to a spa/resort and get massages?

I don't know too much about Dallas but I know they have a Del Monico's down there. It's a really nice resturaunte (youmihgt have to make reservations.) Otherwise I don't know. Just baby her and show her you love her with all the small things.

I have no idea about the dalls aread. Just take her to a nice hotel and have a romantic time together.

A spa weekend would be very nice and relaxing and will make her feel like a princess.

Just a simple romantic hotel for a couple of days will be good as well. Maybe buy her a nice new dress and take her out for a meal in a nice restuarant and go to a nice bar afterwards.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the ideas guys, I'll definitely consider them... I came across one place thats sort of close by, you can check it out at riveroflove.com, let me know what you think. Basically you rent out a private cabin for a day/night or two, seemed like a pretty cool idea

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfromny View Post
    thanks for the ideas guys, I'll definitely consider them... I came across one place thats sort of close by, you can check it out at riveroflove.com, let me know what you think. Basically you rent out a private cabin for a day/night or two, seemed like a pretty cool idea
    That sounds like a really nice idea. I'm sure whatever you do for her will be wonderful.