+ Follow This Topic

Thread: about an anniversary coming up...

about an anniversary coming up...

Helloooo, I posted this on the ask a female section, but then afterwards thought it would be better here, so not sure if I'm allowed to post copies all over since I just joined the site today

First of all this is my first post (well it was when I posted it the first time), so go easy on me...

Next, I just want to give a little background of my situation: I'm in my early 20's and this July will have been with my girlfriend, who is a couple years younger, for 4 years. We first started dating a little bit before I was heading off to start college hundreds of miles away. We didn't want to end things, so we just kept good communication, and I visited home in NY every so often to be able to see her. I ended up transferring to a school closer to home the next year, not only to be closer to her, but also because of the expenses of the school I was at. Obviously we continued dating, and then about a year ago because of a couple different issues for her, my girlfriend moved to Texas to live with her mom and other family. We've had little "breaks" that of course weren't really breaks at all, and I really think the distance that we've had on and off throughout the last 3 and a half years have brought us closer together, but enough about the background, and if you've made it this far then I must have caught your interest somehow...

Basically, I'm visiting her this July for about 10 days to be with her for our 4th 'anniversary' of being together, and really want to do something special with her, get away from her moms house and get some 'us' time for a couple days/nights... Any ideas? Oh btw, we'll be in the Dallas area...

What's her interests? Have you looked online for stuff that is going on in the area while you are there? Or stuff that is available all year?

My ideal romantic date: Picnic at a nice scenic area, candle-light and hopefully a moon or some body of water. You can come up with your own variation.

Or... hey you could do something like give her a little note each day of your visit as to why you love her as much as you do. You could hide them and tell her she has to find them, which would lead to some adventure you'd take her on....

depends on how much planning you want to do.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

one idea i had... what do you think

One place I found that seems like a pretty sweet place to go is called the River of Love cabins (riveroflove.com)

Check it out if you get a chance and let me know what you think.