+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I wait

Should I wait

Hi, I'm Wayde. Me and my love interest are 19, he's in college I'm going next semester. It's been about 2 months since we broke up cuz we moved too fast, I think we are ready to get back together and he says he wants to, but today he said he is too stressed cuz of school. I don't know what to do... Ultimatly I'm going to reach a now or never point and get sick of waiting, I told him that before and he nearly cut things off. I need advice on what to do, how to approach him and what to say. I'm scared of losing him but I can't continue noncomitted to eachother forever.

Don't wait for him to come back, since you are officially not committed, try to date and meet nice guys. If he comes back to you at his own will and pace, then that's the time that you must make a wise decision. As for now, keep in mind that you are not in a relationship with him and free to see anyone.

A general rule I live by: don't wait for anyone.

If they're not ready, they're not ready.. waiting around hoping that will change [it usually doesn't] is a waste of time and energy.

Listen, school is stressful-- there will rarely be a time when it isn't. If he's saying he can't commit to you because of that, then find someone who can juggle both school and a relationship.. because realistically, if school does slow a bit for him and he tries things with you, what do you think is going to happen when school gets too stressful for him? My guess? You'll be the first thing to go.