+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Your Dating Experiences (Ladies)

Your Dating Experiences (Ladies)

I'm just curious for you ladies out there reading this. (I'm hoping I might pick up some good dating pointers here. )

What are some of your dating experiences like with guys?
    What would you consider a good date?
    How long did it take you to decide if you like the guy or not?
    What turn you on (or turn you off) with your date?
    If your date fumbled and acted abit awkward would you write him off?
    If your date acted nervous is it a turn off? If your date didnt offer you a seat at the restaurant or open the door for you would hold that against him?

Any other tips or comments would be terrific!
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

A good date depends on the girl. Sometimes I like going to a bar and playing darts or pool. Othertimes I like going to dinner and watching a movie afterwards. And then sometimes just renting a movie and eating popcorn works too.

By the end of the first date I've known weather I could be with a guy or not, usually before that but not acting too eager is always good.

Do NOT grope on a first date unless it is specifically invited. IF something like thats going to happen on a first date your probably with a more self assured woman who will make the first move on her own.

I think it would depend on how old you were. Back when I was a teen I thought it was cute. If it was someone in their twenties I'd think it was a little wierd.

Being gentlemanly on a first date is always a good idea. Try it, if she doesn't like it she'll tell you.

And my biggest piece of advice is DON'T brag about it. If you get lucky don't be an ass.

What are some of your dating experiences like with guys?
    I haven't had true date experiences. I've either had a boyfriend, or not. Even so, I like to think that I have a lot of knowledge on dating since I would help my friends out with questions and advice, and it mostly seemed to work. I'm just now stepping foot in the dating world, and it's nerve racking and exhilarating at the same time. I wish us both luck!

What would you consider a good date?
    Honestly, I'm open for most anything. Food is a need, because I love food....So eating at a public place to start. If I only met the guy once or twice, I wouldn't want to go anywhere where it's not around the public eye. If I got to know him more and was comfortable, then I wouldn't mind going over to his home if he wanted to cook a meal or set plans at his place, or anywhere secluded. I wouldn't want the guy to try groping me on the first date. Personally, it would leave me feeling rushed.

It really depends. Even though I haven't gone on many dates, I have met many guys at clubs or bars. I could tell that I didn't want anything to do with them if they started calling me pet names like Babe, Baby, Gorgeous, Darlin', Sweety, Hot stuff....etc. Sometimes I gave a guy or two my number, and instantly they'd text me with that garbage. For me, that is a really big turn-off. Also, if they're a bit cocky or pushy, I step back. I can usually tell within the first few seconds of meeting somebody if I'd enjoy talking to them or not. If they don't do any of the things I mention above, I like to keep an open mind and continue getting to know them more.

Read above. Another thing that might turn me off is if he doesn't offer to pay right from the start. Let me explain myself. My last boyfriend never paid for anything. It was either I offered to pay for us (and he'd accept), or we both paid for our own. I was always the one driving my car, EVERYWHERE, and he didn't help with gas. I felt like I was the man. I gave, and gave and gave...and didn't get much in return. Now, I know not to hold grudges on a guy that didn't do any of that to me, that isn't fair. But, it'd be nice to know that he offered to pay right from the start. That tells me right then and there that he is considerate and thoughtful. Another turn-off is if he is egotistical, selfish, dis-honest, and hates burritos.

If your date fumbled and acted abit awkward would you write him off?
    Eh, depends on what it was. If he was a total nutcase doing awkward things, I would say "See ya." If I could tell that he was shy, or nervous, then it would depend on if I still got that feeling of wanting to keep getting to know him or not. I'm very open to people. I can relate to the person if they're shy/nervous or not, because I've been in both situations before. So unless I just didn't feel that attraction what-so-ever....then I wouldn't write him off.

If your date acted nervous is it a turn off?
    Read above.

If your date didnt offer you a seat at the restaurant or open the door for you would hold that against him?
    Eh, well....I'd think about why he didn't. I wouldn't let that dictate whether or not the date overall would flop or not. I'd still give him a chance. Although, it'd be a gigantic plus if he did.

Any other tips or comments would be terrific!
    As cliche as this sounds, just be yourself!!! Don't be afraid to get rejected. If you live life trying to be the person that others want to see, then you're not living true to yourself. No matter what, there will be someone out there who will fall head over heels with you. I'm saying this as if I'm talking to everyone, including myself. Think positively about the outcomes. If you like said person, and they don't like you back, just keep moving forward and be thankful you didn't have to waste your time on them. If you are confident in yourself and are happy with yourself, you'll conquer the world. Hope this information helps!

Wow... I wrote A TON!

Kool! Thanks for the two responses so far
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    I usually decided I liked him before I accepted the date. On the one or two blind dates I had, I knew in under 1 minute if I liked them or not. Sometimes it takes a little bit longer to determine if you can tolerate them, though.

Well, the guy that asked me if I HAD to wear a bra kind of creeped me out.

If your date fumbled and acted abit awkward would you write him off? If your date acted nervous is it a turn off?
    No. I think a lot of women are used to this.

If your date didnt offer you a seat at the restaurant or open the door for you would hold that against him?
    No, I wouldn't hold it against him. However, I always notice and appreciate good manners.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I usually decided I liked him before I accepted the date. On the one or two blind dates I had, I knew in under 1 minute if I liked them or not.
    Wow under a minute! How on the earth do you determine him that so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Konart View Post
    My last boyfriend never paid for anything. It was either I offered to pay for us (and he'd accept), or we both paid for our own. I was always the one driving my car, EVERYWHERE, and he didn't help with gas.
    Talk about cheapo!
    Nice to know you dumped his a*s.