+ Follow This Topic

Thread: sister-in-law

sister-in-law

That is the wife of my bfs brother... has never acknowledged me.
    It has been going on for over one year and I have kind of learned to live with it however it is very hard to get used to for my bf - because this ofcourse effects his relationship to his brother.

She has never said anything to my face. I've heard from my mum in law her only first impression of me was that I seemed very sweet but how could she know, when she didn't know me.
    My dad in law just layed the cards on the table one night as if this is a wellknown fact to everybody and confronted my bf saying he had to choose between me and his brother. Adding he hoped he would choose me.

She has cancelled dinners 3-4 times half an hour before scheduled time - only obvious reason is they didn't know me and my bf were coming before that same day.
    I have never said anything to offend her, I have congratulated them when they got married, when they got a child, we have invited them over for dinner. She left most of the food on the plate and before they left after 2 hours before desserts she had only cried out as a comment to praises I got on the food "And WHY should anybody try to live up to this"
    I felt her behaviour was really rude. She even didn't greet me when they showed up. I went to greet her, kind of demonstrative, because I think this is the least you should do.
    Also, there has been occasions in my and our life where it would only be appropriate to congratulate - I'm really not lying, she has NEVER uttered one word or question to me.

I don't have to be friends with everybody, it would be fine by me if she only kept to basic manners. However this has been unacceptable from the very beginning. I have told my bf I will not put up with that behaviour.
    Her husband/his brother is nice and I hold nothing against him. But if anybody should tell her something I think it should be him. It is after all obvious to the whole family

Last thing - we haven't gotten the invite that everybody else has gotten to the christening of their child. To this his father said, as if he had a hunch already we wouldnt - that if we weren't invited he wouldn't show up.
    Last edited by shelli; 07-05-09 at 03:21 PM.

wtf. That is super lame.

I wouldn't take that shit. You are well within your rights to pull out the bitch-stick and beat her over the head with it. In public. Especially since the family seems to be on your side. Who cares who's toes you step on? She certainly doesn't.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

My Husbands brother's GF does the same thing to me but I don't like her so it doesn't worry me. Personally, I would just ignore her like she does you, she isn't worth causing drama over.

Everything about this subject is still the same. Last time I saw her was at a family dinner. They showed up, I stood in the kitchen with my BF and one of his relatives. She just walked BY me without saying hello or anything.

I weren't more shocked than all the other times I've experienced this but it still feels really bad. The problem is not so much my feeling about it. The problem is that it of course bothers my bf A LOT that he never gets to see his brother anymore.

I feel as if it's only in his brothers hands to change this but still my bf is really affected by this. His mom has accused us for keeping the "drama" alive - as she says "it takes 4 people". This really angered me. I immediately told her I didn't agree the slightest in this case. I understand she would love everyone to be happy, interacting... but it's really unacceptable she doesn't acknowledge their poor behaviour.

I explained to her exactly what has happened including all the occations where they have just kept silent. It's just really rude. Instead it feels as if she has become angry with me now.

My respect has just dropped. I understand she loves all of her sons but this is just adding to the drama she "wants to stop".
    Last edited by shelli; 20-07-09 at 12:08 AM.