+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can i learn to trust more?

How can i learn to trust more?

Hello,

I haven't posted on here before but thought i would join to ask for advice.

I've been with my boyfriend 8months and although i do trust him i get paranoid when he goes out clubbing etc without me.

Last night I asked if we could go out together Friday night (tonight) and he replied 'no im going clubbing with my mates'. I don't mind the odd clubbing night but this is the third weekend in a row when his gone clubbing and its starting to make me feel as though his going out clubbing to meet someone new or something? Also when he goes clubbing he spends alot of money, therefore he doesn't have no money to take me out. He says his happy with me and he loves me, i went alway for a few days last week and he turned up at my house when i got home with tonnes of bunches of flowers.
    But i do get paranoid that when his clubbing he may meet someone, or cheat on me and i would never know!

There's really no way for you to trust more-- either you believe him/have faith in your relationship/know he'll be faithful.. or you don't.

Is there anything he could say or be more open to you about that would help you feel more comfortable? Have you asked him why he feels the need to go out clubbing every weekend? [I ask just because I've never understood it-- I guess it can be a way to unwind, but going somewhere with a bunch of people drinking/grinding on each other doesn't sound too appealing especially if you're in a committed relationship.]

third weekend in a row and you are never invited? he doesn't have money to take you out, because he has to spend it all to get himself some fun with his buddies? I am just repeating what you write. Did he introduced him to his friends, do you know where he hangs out, or is he very secretive about you and the relationship? just asking

Quote Originally Posted by juicy69rosie View Post
    Hello,

I haven't posted on here before but thought i would join to ask for advice.

I've been with my boyfriend 8months and although i do trust him i get paranoid when he goes out clubbing etc without me.

Last night I asked if we could go out together Friday night (tonight) and he replied 'no im going clubbing with my mates'. I don't mind the odd clubbing night but this is the third weekend in a row when his gone clubbing and its starting to make me feel as though his going out clubbing to meet someone new or something? Also when he goes clubbing he spends alot of money, therefore he doesn't have no money to take me out. He says his happy with me and he loves me, i went alway for a few days last week and he turned up at my house when i got home with tonnes of bunches of flowers.
    But i do get paranoid that when his clubbing he may meet someone, or cheat on me and i would never know!

I know exactly how you feel. I have a trust issue too. It's so bad that I actually know my boyfriend's passwords to everything, and I can see who he messages and what he says in forums and other stuff like that. I'm not the best looking person in the world, and he is extremely good looking snd I always feel intimidated by other woemn who are better looking.
    -Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon-.
    -Stand up for what is right. Even if you're standing up alone-.
    -People put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down-.