+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can you give me a guys perspective....newbie so be kind..!

Can you give me a guys perspective....newbie so be kind..!

I really need a guys perspective about a situation I'm in.

Brief history, known this guy since primary school right through to college, I definately liked him loads at school and at the time was pretty sure he liked me but as normal too shy then to do anything about it... lots of regrets but what can you do when you're young and innocent.. Seen him off and over the past 10 years but nothing social.

Both married other people then seperated and now have kids at the same school so we're seeing quite a lot of each other, mainly in passing but I still sense something just by catching him looking at me and maintaining eye contact ... I always know when he's around - somewhere just get that sense.

I know that I've got those feelings back but am I reading too much into the following situation that happened the other month.

I'm picking up my son and he's walking along to the classroom where his son goes. I glance back to look for my older daughter and we both make eye contact (he's already looking directly at me) he doesn't smile and it's just one of those intense ones. I glance away after a couple of seconds then glance back - he's still staring intensely - I look back at my son and am feeling that am I really reading something into this then glance back for the third time... he is still staring and so I just smile at him and say hi and finally he gives me a real beamer!! I know he likes me as a person, we've always got on and he's a great guy but under any other situation I would read his behaviour as 'interest' but I just don't know whether I'm putting my own personal feelings onto him...

So... as you are guys how would you read his eye contact?? He's definately not a psycho

If you're both single, ask him out.

If you're not actually divorced yet, wait until the paperwork is done lest your "spouse" get jealous and screw you.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    If you're both single, ask him out.

If you're not actually divorced yet, wait until the paperwork is done lest your "spouse" get jealous and screw you.

I agree Lite about waiting, although in my case my ex is already trying to "screw me" in the paperwork... nearly through the court process but don't think there's much else he can do as he pretty much did everything in the first 3 months... car, money, house... anyway another story but pretty much finalised. I'm in the UK btw.

But as a male if you stare at someone like that you are interested / attracted to that person - right ?? Just want an opinion on that before I make any decisions... silly really but I certainly feel because there are kids, ex's, school etc etc involved now (rather than when I was really young free and single) it's just something I want to be more sure about before taking a gamble... as I certainly would have done in my early 20's...

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    But as a male if you stare at someone like that you are interested / attracted to that person - right ??
    Either that or they have a booger on their shirt...
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Eye contact is one of the first signs two people make before starting a conversation. Men usually initiate and wait for the woman to respond, if she reciprocates than it's all systems go.

Ask your friend out for a cup of tea just to see how things go.

KingZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    Eye contact is one of the first signs two people make before starting a conversation. Men usually initiate and wait for the woman to respond, if she reciprocates than it's all systems go.

Ask your friend out for a cup of tea just to see how things go.
    Yeah, pretty much. And then he rapes her.