+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with my best friend

In love with my best friend

So i've been in love with this guy for a long time now (for about 2 years). Problem is, he has been my best friend for even longer than that, and by all appearances we still are the best of friends.

Except, well, he has no clue i feel this way about him. I don't exactly think i should ever tell him either. He has a girlfriend at the moment, and it breaks my heart everytime i see them together.. And when he won't stop talking about her. Basically, he's happy. Yet i'm miserable and this has been driving me insane for too long. I can't stop thinking about him. Being friends and seeing him and talking to him all the time makes it even harder.

I'm just looking for all this to be over. How do i get over him?? And remain best friends? I don't want to screw up our friendship. I just want to move on and get my best friend back.

If anyone has any tips to help me move on from this it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How can you love someone, when they don't love you back?

Why would you think that this is in any way OK, or sane, or smart to foster and fuel these feelings?

There's a reason they're called CRUSHES. That's how you feel when you find out they don't feel the same way.

Back off, and try just actually asking him out on a date. But either way you're going to risk ****ing up the friendship. Either the potential rewards are worth it, or they're not. Make up your mind.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Listen very well here.The best thing you have to do now is just MOVE ON!Its not as if you can not get any other person who will value the 'good' you,so why are you trying to appear need to someone who is just a good friend and has a steady relationship.I would have said you go straight to him and ask him out properly BUT you do not have to do that now since you admit that he is in a steady relationship.So please find ways of getting your self busy with more interesting things that will push your life better while you wish 'your friend' all the luck in his relationship

can you avoid contact with him ? there's nothing very much you can do since he's happy with his girlfriend. it's probably a crush like someone said, and crushes come and go. so stop torturing yourself any more. it's not worth it.

Move on.

He has a girlfriend-- I'd take that as an indication that he doesn't share your feelings.

If you have hopes of keeping the friendship you're going to need to back off and work on getting over him. There's a good chance you'll never have the same friendship you had because of these feelings.