+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! i feel really bad....

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Help! i feel really bad....

So I made plans with my guy yesterday to go out for lunch today. Well I ended up leaving way too late and that ended up delaying all my plans by almost two hours because I was waiting on people. By the time I was on my way to see him, I was almost 3 hours late. And then he said he was leaving to go study. He ended up staying until i got there and basically ignored me the whole time. I felt horrible about it and apologized but I could tell he was still mad even though he said he wasn't. Then he tells me that I'm always late(usually by about 20-30 mins) and i ended up leaving pretty soon after that because he had things to do. Now, I feel worse about it and don't know how to make it up to him. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Bo; 10-05-09 at 08:02 AM.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    blowjob... and a change of punctuality.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

haha^^^^^^^^^^and yes make a conscious effort to be on time or even early.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    blowjob... and a change of punctuality.

raverboy
    And Lingerie? lol

Quote Originally Posted by turbo240 View Post
    haha^^^^^^^^^^and yes make a conscious effort to be on time or even early.
    I'm planning on it, i just feel so bad because I don't like being late but it just happens....a lot. He seemed frustrated but wouldn't say it.

Users Country Flag
    I'd be pissed off too...

Maybe you should be more pro-active in telling him that you will be late?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Maybe you should be more pro-active in telling him that you will be late?
    I do tell him that i'm going to be late but then i end up being later...and he ALWAYS on time for me. UGH I feel terrible since he's the first decent guy i've met in quite a while.

When you know you're going to be somewhere, start getting ready earlier than usual.

Lateness is really annoying! I have a friend who is habitually late, and it makes me want to think twice about hanging out with her for that very reason. Don't be that girl!
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Being late makes one feel important

It's a disease
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Well, for one, find out whether the lateness is internal or based on external factors. Being late is one thing, being late for a good reason is quite another, and telling the fella of those reasons at least gives him a chance to judge rather than assume that he's low-priority.

If you're late by 3 hours, really, drop a call and tell him not to bother far sooner than that.

You really need to work on your punctuality!
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Chronic tardiness shows a huge lack of respect for other people and their time, not to mention a great deal of immaturity. If HE were the one who were posting here, I would tell him to get rid of you. Get it together, girl! Quit overbooking yourself when you have plans, and sincerely apologize for this bad behavior. YOU are responsible, no one else.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    When you know you're going to be somewhere, start getting ready earlier than usual.

Lateness is really annoying! I have a friend who is habitually late, and it makes me want to think twice about hanging out with her for that very reason. Don't be that girl!
    I know! Especially since I get pretty agitated when people are late meeting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Well, for one, find out whether the lateness is internal or based on external factors. Being late is one thing, being late for a good reason is quite another, and telling the fella of those reasons at least gives him a chance to judge rather than assume that he's low-priority.

If you're late by 3 hours, really, drop a call and tell him not to bother far sooner than that.
    Yeah he probably does think he is low priority but he's not! I really wanted to see him and explained that to him and this was his response "Well, we made plans and you didn't have time...so whatever it's fine but now, I've got things to do (studying for a big exam)". I feel like such a jerk

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Chronic tardiness shows a huge lack of respect for other people and their time, not to mention a great deal of immaturity. If HE were the one who were posting here, I would tell him to get rid of you. Get it together, girl! Quit overbooking yourself when you have plans, and sincerely apologize for this bad behavior. YOU are responsible, no one else.
    I did apologize and I told him that I wouldn't be late anymore. How could I make it up to him? I want him to know he is important; it's never my intention to be late and always have him waiting on me.

Now he's not answering my text. It's early but i highly doubt he's sleeping...

BTW Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's on LF

Quote Originally Posted by .Bo. View Post
    How could I make it up to him?
    That's very easy---Don't be late anymore.

Let's see how long this lasts.

I bet if he was a poor quality guy you would call in absent for your other appointments.
    Last edited by lesa; 11-05-09 at 12:00 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

The only thing you can do is work on being on time-- hell, be EARLY-- show him you're capable of it.

Seriously, I can relate to this guys frustrations.. when my boyfriend and I first started dating I felt like I was constantly waiting around on him. He'd say we'd be hanging out/going on at such and such a time.. and then this would come up and that would come up and then he'd have to take care of this/that/the other. It was especially frustrating when he'd say he was on his way.. then show up 30 minutes later when he lives 5 minutes away tops.

I talked to him about it once and that was all it took for him to straighten up.

For real, it makes one feel unimportant and like they can be put off for whatever happens to come up. You better hope he is as patient as I am or you're outta luck with this guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast