+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anxiety

Anxiety

Hey everyone, I'd bet you've listened to this story before.

See, I'm a 23 years old student, currently on my senior year of university, and also doing my internship in a major company here in my country.

Well, about one month ago, my boss told me that he was going to hire another intern to help me with my job, since I'm kinda busy with my thesis and everything, so I was cool with it.
    Last week, he presented her in front of the whole office (we are around 15 workers in my area), and he gave me the assignment to teach her everything, since she was going to be working mainly with me.

So, she grabbed a chair and sat right next to me (say, 2 or 3 inches away), and it only took me 60 minutes to actually fell in love with her. Yeah, just met her and boom! I was in love ("love at first sight" ... or "at first hour").

Since then I can't stop thinking about her, I am completely melancholic, emotional, just listening to love songs ... you get the point. I'm not even eating right (I barely ate two or three meals since Friday, I'm not hungry at all).
    This weekend is the freaking longest weekend ever, I can wait for it to be Monday again!!. I'm having an Anxiety Attack or something.

I don't know if this is good or not, I mean I barely know her, and now I can't even concentrate with my university issues (which is not the case in my job, since I am her mentor I have to be perfect, right?), my personal life (I don't have a girlfriend btw).

I just don't know what to do!! Could someone explain me what's going on? Or what can I do about it???

P.D. I may think this has something to do with it: My boss told me, when he announced that a new intern was going to come to work with us, that this may be temporal, perhaps one or two months. I just WOULD DIE if she leaves at the end of May, I'm even thinking of quitting as well if that happens.
    So I talked with him last Friday, and told him that she is by far the best intern ever, she is learning very fast and actually is doing everything flawless (which is not really the case, but hey, she is still good), so that he should consider making the move permanently.

On the other side, she DOES have a boyfriend, but the relationship is currently in troubles (quoting her own words).

Thanx!!
    Last edited by elgranrehen; 11-05-09 at 07:06 AM.

Your behavior is ridiculous. Ask someone else to show her around for your own sanity.

Leave her alone, this is too wrong on too many levels.

Learning how to control your emotions will be a good skill have. It will help you in the future.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

aw thats unfortunate, she has a bf, end of.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Yeah, I know. I mean, I've been completely cool and everything, but this level of anxiety I have never felt before is what have been worrying me.
    Why would this happen out of nowhere? I broke with my last g/f at least 3 or 4 weeks ago, so you can't say that I'm "needing love" or something like that.