+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I come on too strong

Did I come on too strong

Did I mess up? My girlfriend and I didn't speak for a few weeks after our break up. It was a mutual break up and then I tried to get back together and she said just wasn't sure. Anyway, after a few weeks I emailed her last week about some good things that happened in my life. She called me that night. I called her a week later and she called me back the next night. Always positive and joking around and I didn't bring up our break up or wanting her back just keeping it positive and friendly - yes, i want her back but just regaining communication for now. I called her tonight, a few days after we last talked and got her answering machine, I'm not good with machines. I told her I was just thinking about her, seeing how she was doing and hoped she had a Happy Mother's Day - she's divorced with children. I asked a question about a contact she wanted to know about where I work - if she managed to contact that person about volunteer work and then asked if she would like to go for a walk, it is a beautiful evening, depending when she got my message. From a woman's point of view, does that sound like wow, he's coming on to me or just as I asked, a walk? Yeah, i got issues..lol...just taking the progressive time frame and feeling I hit a bump.

She should be flattered you are being nice to her and she should appreciate your efforts. There are so many sloppy pigs out there who dont even bother......however...if she is not interested, she should just tell you and you can still be friends I am sure.

Asking for a walk is nothing to be afraid of...its pretty casual but I really think you should just ask HER what that means to her. If she cant tell you.....dang. It can be interpreted many ways.

i dont think you came on to strong atall, its lovely that you asked her to go for a walk

You know it best yourself. While you are on a walk with her, don't forget to be masculine (I'm not saying you're not!) But if I was in your situation (and I sort of am) it is easy for them to 'friend-zone' you.
    So, confident, spontanious fun, etc. What I wrote wasn't so clear, but I hope you can see where I'm coming from.
    I wish you the best of luck.