+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend of 2 years loves me but doesnt want to be with me.

Boyfriend of 2 years loves me but doesnt want to be with me.

Ive been going out with this guy for just over 2 years now but about a month ago he broke up with me. We've had our disagreements over the years & have broken up a few times for no longer than a few days without running back to each other pathetically lol. Over the 2 years he has cheated on me a number of times and ive just been shattered beyond belief but ive just felt like theres been something there and i just love him so much. Ive caught him cheating over the net, SMS, found pictures of chicks through his computer. Even accidently sent me a text saying i love you _____ with another chicks name in there. He says he does these things and he just cant get over the fact that i lost my virginity to another guy months before i started dating him and well before i even met him. However he lost his virginity to me. He uses this as an excuse everytime we have problems or he does something that hurts me. I know i deserve so so much better. But i just love him so much. In the end he was the one that broke up with me. We are still awesome friends and we stay over each others house everynight. Our family and friends still think we are together. And as i see it we still are we just dont ahve the title of being boyfriend and girlfriend. However he's been adding girls he used to have flings with. He takes my foto of his display picture when he goes out. Obviously so when he gets girls numbers they dont see me. He's hidden his relationship status on facebook however he hasnt taken it off (yes people it matters lol) Im just so heartbroken and i know i need to get over him for all the reasons stated above but i just cant?? What do i do??

I was in a very similar situation and it's BAD news. You obviously already know that, but you feel trapped because of your feelings for him.

All I can say is that you shouldn't let your feelings for someone else ever interfere with you taking care of YOU, first and foremost.

I know that it seems like the hardest thing in the world, but you need to cut this guy out of your life completely. If you continue to try and be "just friends" with him, the jealousy will eat away at you until you go clinically insane.

That's what happened to me, anyway.

I doubt that you will get over it as long as you keep in touch, so I'd say cut off contact. How many times does it take for you to get your head straight about him?