+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I approach her, what do I say to her?

How should I approach her, what do I say to her?

I'm a senior in high school, with only a couple weeks left, and I've had strong feelings for this girl for about 5 years now. We used to be friends, not best friends, but friends, and over a summer's time and my feelings for her getting stronger I grew too shy, too uncertain, afraid of rejection, afraid of hurting her, the leap into high school, etc, and stopped talking to her. She knew for a while (when I still talked to her) that I had feelings for her and we grew close enough that I could tell she had feelings for me before that summer. We emailed still for a while and she even asked me why I didn't talk to her, a question I couldn't answer, and I do see that I could have asked her the very same thing, but I know she's also someone who waits for the guy to make the first move. For a couple years actually she gave such obvious signals that she wanted me to talk to her and probably just wanted me, but then that pretty much turned into a cold shoulder making it beyond obvious that I hurt her pretty bad. Toward the beginning of this year I sent her flowers and wrote her telling her she meant the world to me and I wanted to trying being friends with her again before that moment seeing her frequently could become the moment I never see her again and didn't want to regret my indecision forever; I saw her a few days later and could tell she'd like that--I still haven't and that was maybe seven months ago. I also learned from a mutual friend (completely another story) that she doesn't understand why I don't talk to her. Knowing that probably makes it look really bad on my part and may show that I don't deserve her if I can't/won't even do anything about that. The thing is she now has a boyfriend (that goes to another school) and that moment all my chances vanish is less than a month a way.

I don't want to get in the way of her and her boyfriend because I want her to be happy (if she is), though, at the same time I don't want to regret saying nothing and really think she should hear my feelings coming from me verbally. Plus, the way I feel now is that if I don't I'm probably going to destroy my own heart, so... How should I approach her? What do I say to her, knowing that no matter when it'll have to be around her friends? I only have two weeks w/ few chance encounters, the senior breakfast/signing party/graduation rehearsal, possibly a few moments at graduation, and the all-night senior party after graduation.

call her, talk to her in person, or write her an email or letter. at least if you express your feelings you won't wonder what could have been.....

its gotta be in person dont do it over the phone or email or anything else it has to be in person and try to do it in a quiet setting where theres not a lot of people around and dont be blunt about it just ease into the conversation