+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Liking and getting over friends.

Liking and getting over friends.

ok... guys ive been friends with this guy from school 4 years and ive always REALLY liked him. ive told him a few times. he said he doesnt feel the same way. he has always been cool with it 4 some reason. he now has a g/f and i still reallY like him.

i know that im gunna have to get over him which is hard as i have his mob number and i see him everyday at school and sit next to him. how do i do it???

should i get over him?? help!!
    - Claire -

Oh ive had somone who I really liked, while they didn't feel the same way, but we were still really good friends. Once I got a girlfriend, it all changed. You just put all your attention on your boyfriend/girlfriend and your feelings start to die down a little for your friend. Try getting another boyfriend, I'm sure you'll have no problem at all, but who knows, he might get jealous once you do and start paying attention to you a little more like you'd like him to.

by the way... he has been talking 2 me alot more lately... he has been like making the effort to come up to me and talk 2 me. and when im gunna walk somewhere we will walk together. we can have a right laugh and we like exactly the same things.

Why is he doing that when he has a g/f?
    - Claire -

lol sounds like he cares about you a lot more than his girlfriend. try just forgetting or at least hiding your feelings for him until he starts to make the first move or at least tell u how he feels.

i love him... seriously i do. never felt like this b4 about any guy.
    alright ill have a go.
    cant get 2 confident tho cause ill just get hurt...again...and probably again...
    - Claire -

the way to anymans heart is felatio.

Seriously. I say let him know again flat out. Then get feed back from him.
    If he's as into you, then demand he break it off with the other byrd before hand...you don't wanna end up the "other woman"

After that sex him like a freak.

If that doesn't work, and being friends is too painfull, then I think you all ready know what you should do.
    BLA BLA BLA

i use to go through the same thing when i was younger, i grew up with a guy and knew him from the age of 6...god we use to bath together and i've always fancied him...as we grew older we were the best of friends and did everything together and by the time i was 16 i knew i was falling for him. But unfortunately we were more like soul mates and got on like a brother/ sister relationship so nothing ever happened and he ended up dating one of my best friends which was kinda hard to deal with. We still have a good relationship now but all those lovey dovey feelings are gone! I had to let go and move on as i knew nothing was ever going to come of it!

Hey Claire,

It really sounds to me like the guy is stringing you along. I think a part of him must enjoy having someone adore him so much and he may not mind having a sort of "back up" in case his relationship doesn't work out. I know this may sounds harsh, but if you've told him how you feel and he doesn't want to be with you, then you have to realize that you shouldn't waste your time. Understand that you deserve an open, honest relationship with someone who is going to fall head-over-heels for ya... don't wait around for some guy to "change his mind" about how he feels... no one is worth it! By all means be his friend.. but don't let him play with your emotions... it's all in your hands
    ~elli

I know exactly what you are goin through....I am 100% with out a doubt in Love (i have never used that word other than with her and my first GF) with my best friend, and see is seeing some clown whom i dont trust nor do I really like due to certain circumstances... I have tried getting over it but that dosent work..... I have told her how I feel, and she tells me 'o, i know u and I would be perfect for one anouther, but i have to see this through' and 'If you would have asked me 4 months ago if i had feelings for you i would have said nothing other than friendship, but i now do have feelings for you but not as strong as mine for him' and 'i could see me and you together me in your arms watching the sunset and talking' and my personal favorite 'I do love you, like a brother....'
    she sends so many mixed signals, like when I pay attention to another girl, right away that girls a B!T(H or a WH@RE, or ugly and she gets pissy....... she'll have me give her foot rubs and back rubs in front of this kids she dating, she tells him (while she's completely exhausted and out of her head) 'Jerry's a better boyfriend than you....' but she also tells me that she wants to marry him, that she loves him, and she slept with him after 2 weeks....
    Me and her are so close, and her BF hates it, her parents think we should be together, our other best friend Angel has even told me there could be a lil hope... i have tried to get over her, but my feelings are so strong for her it kills me to try and play nice with her BF cause i know he'll hurt her in the long run......

so given my experiance in this situation.... fight for the man you love.... Kiss him, on the mouth romantically... if he's ur friend he may be wierded out a lil but he brush it off, and he may just realize he likes you too, if he flips out apologize and say you dont know why you did it, just fight for him if you love him as much as I love my best friend... and remember if you do love him and it is a no go with u 2 still be his best friend and be happy for him that he's happy even if its not with you

Yes. Get over him. Don't be delusional.

If you sit there longing over him every day, he's not gonna reciprocate. Find somebody else.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Well girl,I'm a situation very,very similar.The difference is I know him about a year.But yeah,I was turned out once,he got a girlfriend,she left him and now that I thought that I had forgotten him,it seems that I'm not.The feelings just got buried,but somehow I unburied them all again(does this make any sense?I hope so!).
    So,the best advice I can give you is just let the things follow their course,give him back all the attention he's giving you and just wait.It may happen something our it may not.Unfortunately is something we sometimes haven't the control of.But don't reveal to him again your fellings.Like someone said,if he has feelings for you,let him make the 1st moves.
    Pretty sure that's what I'll also do.
    Good luck girl!

by the way... he has been talking 2 me alot more lately... he has been like making the effort to come up to me and talk 2 me. and when im gunna walk somewhere we will walk together. we can have a right laugh and we like exactly the same things.

Well babe, if you're saying you guys have been friends for a while, did you expect him to have started ignoring you just because you told him you have feelings for him? He's not stringing you along because he has honestly told you that he doesn't feel the same way. If he walks and talks with you, and has similar interests, then of course he's going to want to keep hanging out with you, because thats what friends do. Now I'm not saying he'll never return your feelings, but right now he has a gf, and I personally think its a bad idea to push him in anyway---tends to scare guys off. I say, be friends with him, and have fun with him, and I assure you, once he returns your feelings, you'll know. Until then, enjoy the friendship that you have already! He knows you have feelings for him, so its out there. Now, as much as it sucks, its all about the waiting game. So don't kill yourself trying to figure him out---its futile and will only leave you confused and hurting more.

And don't let your interest in him make you pass up opportunities with other guys! Don't wanna miss a good thing that might be standing right in front of your eyes.

Good luck!
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

it sux when they don't like you back. just figure out a way to pour your attention elsewhere and then you'll realize they're missing a good thing. that's where you get your revenge. make them regret the choice they made.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."