+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel like a complete wreck.

I feel like a complete wreck.

This girl I have been talking to the last two months who I am very into has recently said (well two weeks ago) that we will only be friends. I am in shock because just a week before that when she was leaving to go to a soccer game (yes we are in high school) she texted me saying to go outside and give her a hug before they left and when they did she was saying she will miss me and stuff. Naturally I thought the hints couldn't get any stronger than that. She also did other things to lead me to believe she was into me like I was her but sure enough a week later she drops the friend bomb..

I asked her about all of those things and the answer I got was could that all not just mean friends or did I take it as something else. This made me think why she didn't ask one of her other friends who she has known for much longer to do the same thing, but I never asked that. Ever since that day we haven't been talking the same even though she said she wants to keep talking.

I am completely crushed now. I have been thinking about this a lot the past two weeks and I just can't figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksparrow360 View Post
    This girl I have been talking to the last two months who I am very into has recently said (well two weeks ago) that we will only be friends. I am in shock because just a week before that when she was leaving to go to a soccer game (yes we are in high school) she texted me saying to go outside and give her a hug before they left and when they did she was saying she will miss me and stuff. Naturally I thought the hints couldn't get any stronger than that. She also did other things to lead me to believe she was into me like I was her but sure enough a week later she drops the friend bomb..

I asked her about all of those things and the answer I got was could that all not just mean friends or did I take it as something else. This made me think why she didn't ask one of her other friends who she has known for much longer to do the same thing, but I never asked that. Ever since that day we haven't been talking the same even though she said she wants to keep talking.

I am completely crushed now. I have been thinking about this a lot the past two weeks and I just can't figure this out.
    You're still in high school, blacksparrow. There are still so many things for you to learn and it's not yet the right time for you to be into relationships. Your emotional quotience and maturity can't and will still not be able to handle the stress of a real relationship nor can you still handle what it's like to be actually in a relationship.

If she wants to be friends with you, then you have your answer and don't have to figure out anything from her or from yourself.
    [URL="http://adventuresofagirlfriend.blogspot.com/"]
    Adventures of a girlfriend
    [/URL]

Yes I'm still in high school, well really about to graduate in a few days, but I think I can handle pressure of a relationship.

Then again you are right I am still young and shouldn't have my mind wrapped around this one girl. If it happens it happens nothing I can do about it at this time so I'll try to get over her.

learning to feel rejection is part of growing up and knowing what is ok and what is not in the future.