+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ms Jane's Class.. :Dating 101- What not to say to a woman your dating...

No, he meant to say that he only likes her boobs, butt, and legs! And guess what - it must be a pop-up doll! j/k
    I have it all. Including kino.

He treats objects like women man.... j/k
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

you better be joking ratfish!!! Us women are precious!

Well all in all the idea here was to share in some of things us women have heard which were no no's on first dates...but FLATTERY WILL GET YOU EVERYWHERE!(when genuine).
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Jslaughter,

......If all you can find attractive about her is her breasts than perhaps for you she is merely an object - otherwise women want to be appreciated for many of their virtues.

Of course _not all_, just it happens the most attractive and the most convex things are related to sex.

......Killerbabe, pointed out that you don't have to be G-Rated in your comments - women want to be sexy and there's nothing wrong with telling her that.

Interesting, what Killerbabe said just made me want to say G-rated things even more. Why? Cuz they elicit her attitude toward me.
    Sure if I want to make non G-rated compliment, I will. The point was
    why G-rated are not acceptable. Killerbabe eventually said why.

......If you are going out with someone that you can't find anything to flatter them about -why are you going out with them?

Hmm... I wont go out with her twice. What else?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbabe
    No, he meant to say that he only likes her boobs, butt,
    You know it is incorrect, "only" should be changed to - "the most".

*slaps her forehead* BBC1, you can't be THAT literal, for pete sake. You sound like a really boring guy, actually. I can imagine you've well over 30 and like to dwell on things. (All this time I've been trying to tell you that I was JUST posting but you still keep bringing me up in your posts.) Couldn't you be more desperate?..

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbabe
    *slaps her forehead* BBC1, you can't be THAT literal, for pete sake. You sound like a really boring guy, actually.
    The thing is I did not intend to entertain you.
    If "only" and "the most" is the same for you.. ok

See once again youve proven what NOT to say to a girl BBC1...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Haha! Right on girl!

I just skimmed through this post, but lets refresh whats happened so far....

First it starts as what not to say...
    Then goes to what "you should" say...
    Repetitive talking back and forth from BBC1, who has no idea on how to flatter a girl...
    Squirrl makes good point yet again...

Okay... now back to topic peoples!!!

One comment I don't think was quite appropriate for a first date... "Girl... I want you so bad... I'll **** ya so hard you'll be bleeding for a month!" *dies* I heard this from a friend of mine. lmao! Poor girl! Kinda obvious there were no more dates with that guy again. lol!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

So what about personality, if there is one thing that I find really attracts me to a woman, it's a happy, radiant personality. No I'm not joking or trying to be fake, this is what turns me on. So how do you compliment them on that without giving the impression that you're trying to say 'You have a wonderful personality, but...
    It's like in the Seinfeld episode where...

Quote Originally Posted by jane
    1. Always go to flattery... " hey cute dress... nice hair.." .. whatever, girls dig it
    Never on the first date. Possibly not even the second. It comes across as being a tool and not sincere. When I tell a girl she looks good or whatever, believe me, she knows I mean it.

Hi all:

I've read the posts here so far. A lot of the discussion reveals the difficulties men and women have in communicating with each other. The kinds of compliments many women seem to want to hear sound too tame and dull to men, and those that many men would automatically think to say often sound too crude to women.

I recently went on a first date (the first romantic 'event' in over 14 years and the first formal date ever, and I'm 39!), and afterward a woman friend asked me what my date had been wearing, how was her hair done, etc. I could answer some of the questions, but some I couldn't. Partly this is because I was focusing on who my date was rather than how she looked, but partly because the things I noticed about her physically really were different from her dress.

Many guys simply don't notice what a woman is wearing. She could be wearing a ripped sweatshirt and old jeans or a fancy dress and have her hair all styled, and it doesn't matter to us. Yes, if she has a cute face and a nice physique, those are great, and if she has a warm, fun personality, that's awesome, but clothes don't make a bit of difference. If she likes dressing up, that's great because she should do what makes her feel comfy and attractive. But it's not a big thing to many (if not most) of us guys, and so to compliment a woman on this is more of a gift to her of something she wants but not an expression of what we really feel.

So how to give a compliment that will really express what a man feels yet will feel like a nice compliment to the woman? I want to make a woman feel good about herself, but to say that I really find her shoes attractive or her eyes beautiful feels insincere to me (because eyes aren't something I really focus on either).

I often can't express what I find attractive about a woman, I just know that I think she's pretty. So what would be flattering to say to her? "You're very beautiful." "I could just breathe your beauty in for a year." And when is acceptable to say it?

Of course, I'd also compliment her on many other aspects of her personality, style, skills, interests, etc., but I'm trying to figure out how to compliment her looks without being boorish or offensive.

Jeeps suck.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Jeeps suck.
    ROFL.. when did this thread reservice? Just so everyone "new" knows... this thread was written in jest.. Squirt and I discussed this stuff months ago.. it was supposed to be a joke. Anyhoo.. continue on..
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast