+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any chance of salvaging this relationship?

Any chance of salvaging this relationship?

Ok, was seeing this guy for about 3 months- yeah, not a long time (though he'd been trying to get a date for 2 years), but I felt we had a good connection, and it seemed like feelings were growing between us...him saying stuff such as "I like you alot" and "I'm really attracted to you". He'd been saying that he felt he might be too busy right now to get serious with anyone, but I understood his job was stressful (works 40+ hours in the medical field), and figured we could take it slow. He even makes a date to hang out with me, after he says this.

...and then he stands me up, doesn't answer me for 2 weeks, before finally breaking it off in a txt, saying "I don't want to lead you on into thinking we can be more than friends." This was 2 weeks ago.

And I did the really stupid thing alot of people do when they're heartbroken- sad weepy txt messages. An angry one too, 2 days after it happened.

After that I tried the "nice method", by just saying non-relationship things like "oh, I heard this movie was really good" and "I saw this thing at the store you might like". Before giving him the the stock "well, this is YOUR loss" this weekend, after the "can we talk about what was wrong?" one went unanswered. I KNOW- huge mistake.

I'm really ashamed of myself- 2 weeks, and I think the longest I've gone without txting anything was 3 days. I finally vowed, yesterday, to just bite the bullet and engage in NO contact- but I wonder, is it already too late? Have I already pushed him so far away, that he'll never miss me or think of reconciling?

Don't worry about it.. he's not ready for a relation. You deserve better. Keep on searching. You'll find someone. Meanwhile, ENJOY being single, go out with your girlfriends, dress sexy, do whatever you love doing, eat ice cream and chocolates. You don't need someone like him in your life. Seems to me like his job is more important to him than you are anyways. Ask yourself what kind of a relation that would be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, it's too late. You deserve better.