+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much do these things matter to women?

how much do these things matter to women?

how much do women care about what kind of car a guy has?
    what about money?
    what about talent? (like musical or artistic talent)
    anything else?

im not a shallow person. im the polar opposite of a shallow person. i just wanted a female's opinion

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Totally depends on the woman.

To me, a good job is important (which usually means decent car/income), simply because I want to be with someone educated like me, and whom I have something in common with. I wouldn't have anything in common with an high school graduate who fixed cars for a living. There are women that would.

Having a hobby or passion for something is, TO ME, always a good thing.

Again though, really......it all depends on the woman.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    what about money?
    anything else?

im not a shallow person. im the polar opposite of a shallow person. i just wanted a female's opinion
    Strictly speaking from my own preferences:

Car: I couldn't care less what a guy drives but I'm not much into status symbols as a general rule. A big gas guzzler might turn me off from a green perspective though.

Money: I wouldn't date someone who made a significant amount less than me. (I've done it before, with disastrous results). I think that people get along better as financial equals, and frankly, I'm wary of being mooched off of. That being said, if I were with a guy and he lost his job, I wouldn't dump him. Some things are beyond a person's control.

Talent: Nah, I don't care about that stuff. If a guy is right for me, who cares. As long as it's not illegal, I'm fine with just about anything.

Anything else: Good sense of humor is a big key to my heart.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

It matters when you think of the guy's ambitions. If those are important to you.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    1. how much do women care about what kind of car a guy has?
    ok now, when i was younger i could care less about the kind of car a guy drives, but that all changed once i hit 25. i didn't want to date a person who couldn't make anything out of himself and had no potential. a car is a representation of how much money we make and what we were able to achieve. unless the guy chooses on purpose to drive an old beat up car but is still financially secure.

2. what about money?
    money portrays out intellect or talents.

3. what about talent? (like musical or artistic talent)
    now talent can easily replace intellect. one can love either the intellect or talent of the other.

4. anything else?
    looks. looks are just as important. looks will give you car, money and adoration.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not much, this one.

what about money?
    Yes. One needs money to live, if he doesn't think that, his head is in the clouds.
    Yes. Its good to have interests outside of work.

anything else?
    Brains, good character, responsible, reasonable.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

There was a semi-related article in the New York Times today about what scientists think status symbols mean to Americans. An excerpt:

"If marketers (or their customers) understood biologists’ new calculations about animals’ “costly signaling,” Dr. Miller says, they’d see that Harvard diplomas and iPhones send the same kind of signal as the ornate tail of a peacock.

Sometimes the message is as simple as “I’ve got resources to burn,” the classic conspicuous waste demonstrated by the energy expended to lift a peacock’s tail or the fuel guzzled by a Hummer. But brand-name products aren’t just about flaunting transient wealth. The audience for our signals — prospective mates, friends, rivals — care more about the permanent traits measured in tests of intelligence and personality, as Dr. Miller explains in his new book, “Spent: Sex, Evolution and Consumer Behavior.”

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/19/science/19tier.html?_r=1&em[/url]
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

what about money?
    anything else?

I don't care what kind of car, but I DO care if he has one or not. Dudes without wheels make me think I'm going to be driving their ass everywhere. But I live in the burbs, if he lived in the city, I could deal.

Money-- I just care that he has a steady job and ambitions to go somewhere. I don't want to date a guy who let's his mom support him.

It's weird, I've only ever ended up with musicians in serious relationships. I don't mean to, but I'm very creative (I write when I'm not wasting my time on here, I just opened up my story that I'm working on guh lack of self-control) and so a wallstreet business man and I probably wouldn't have much in common, more or less the same dreams. I need a poet's soul

But poetry ain't nothin without some serious intellect. I HAVE to have a man that I can stay up with all night philosophizing about everything. He has to think outside the box, and most definitely has to make me laugh. <--- this is really my biggest requirement. I would just hope that the other ones above would line up.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

what about money?
    anything else?

In my opinion, they don't matter to me at all.

My fiance doesn't have a car, he's making enough money on an average as a consultant and he doesn't have a talent like dancing or singing (unless you count making a fool out of yourself a talent) but somehow i still love him because for me, it's the personality and character that counts.
    [URL="http://adventuresofagirlfriend.blogspot.com/"]
    Adventures of a girlfriend
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Dr. Miller says, they’d see that Harvard diplomas and iPhones send the same kind of signal as the ornate tail of a peacock. Sometimes the message is as simple as "I’ve got resources to burn."
    Either that or the message is: "You are so deep in debt you'll never get out of it."

Think about that one for a minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

depends on the woman, maybe some chicks looks first the car and aspect of the guy and the try to know the guy and some other chicks first try to know the guy, the important is you need be nice person, and unique don try to make the same of other guys.

Hey babe, I am in love with your car, your house and your money. Want to mary me?

How well would that go over you think? And how long would such marriage last?

You know the answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    1. how much do women care about what kind of car a guy has?
    ok now, when i was younger i could care less about the kind of car a guy drives, but that all changed once i hit 25. i didn't want to date a person who couldn't make anything out of himself and had no potential. a car is a representation of how much money we make and what we were able to achieve. unless the guy chooses on purpose to drive an old beat up car but is still financially secure.

2. what about money?
    money portrays out intellect or talents.

3. what about talent? (like musical or artistic talent)
    now talent can easily replace intellect. one can love either the intellect or talent of the other.

4. anything else?
    looks. looks are just as important. looks will give you car, money and adoration.

Any European, especially French, would say you sound sooooo american.
    Don't expect anything.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't care about this, as long as the car is reliable and doesn't look like someone lives in it.

what about money?
    I suppose I care about this to some extent. I have been poor, and it sucks, and I am not willing to financially support any male except my son.

I don't care about these particular talents, but everyone should have SOMETHING they are good at.

anything else?
    I don't particularly care for overly-emotional, insecure males. I like to think of men being generally capable and strong, and worthy of my trusting them to lead when I need them to.

I agree with Vashti.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast